Backups on Windows 10

Just Jas Plus
17 26.3k 1 England
8 Jan 2019 10:22AM
The problem has been faily well documented on the internet. As I understand it the the problem with Karen's replicator only occurred after a November update to Win 10. Previous to that date Replicator worked fine with Win 10, it is stated.. My present PC + Win 10 was bought in December, so I have no personnal knowledge Win 10 + Replicator performance previous to that date.

However, it does seem that the car has encountered a few bumps along the road Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Chris_L Plus
5 5.0k United Kingdom
9 Jan 2019 5:32PM
Lol, that's because small developers are notorious for not looking at the road map, using lazy shortcuts that worked in older operating systems that Microsoft warned not to use, pointing out they would not exist in future.

The developers want to continue using old tools to work on their cars (torturing the analogy now Jas Blush), like the deprecated Visual Basic that 'Karen' still programs in.

You can ask Karen to upgrade their software or ask Microsoft to downgrade their software or go you could go back to an earlier version of Windows.

Or try SyncToy... Grin
Just Jas Plus
17 26.3k 1 England
10 Jan 2019 6:38AM
I repeat: Karen's Replicator worked on Win 10 OK until a recent Win 10 update. As the Irish have it - "All improvements are for the worse". Wink

SyncBackFree is working fine for me now, backing up my data and images OK.

Quote:.........or go you could go back to an earlier version of Windows

I would if I could, but XP won't run on my new motherboard - XP was fine for me.

Incidentally, dear Karen herself is sadly no longer of his life. Sad
lobsterboy Plus
15 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2019 7:57AM
I have used all way sync for years. Been very reliable.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.