Your chance to win a Nikon Z 50 Camera Kit!

Barbara Hirst

CaroleS Plus
10 442 3 United Kingdom
21 Sep 2016 10:09AM
Sad news, my condolences to her family and close ones.
Carole

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

21 Sep 2016 10:14AM
Such sad, sad news. I never met Barbara, but feel that through EPZ I made a very dear friend who was kind, brave, full off fun, joy and happiness. She was a big part of the site, not only through her brilliant photographs, but also her wonderful comments and support, she will be sorely missed. My condolences, and prayers go out to Jon and her family. R.I.P. Barbara.
ColleenA Plus
7 450 7 Australia
21 Sep 2016 10:34AM
I always loved looking what Barbara had uploaded each day. On one occasion I spelt her name wrong and called her Batbara... We did have a good chuckle. She really did fight hard to the end. RIP ❤️
Chinga Plus
9 3 2 United Kingdom
21 Sep 2016 11:13AM
I have left a message here but I can't find it, so once again I wish to add my heartfelt condolences to her family and loved ones for such a sad loss. Barbara was such a pure and lovely presence here in EPZ!
I will surely miss the presence of such a remarkable lady. Rest in Peace little bird,
Isabel
BarbaraR 14 495 1 England
21 Sep 2016 1:43PM
This thread and all the tributes via the gallery is testament to what a wonderful
part of EPZ Barbara was. She will be missed by so many, but never forgotten.
I was always chuffed to have her comments on my images.
My condolences to her family and all loved ones.
RIP Barbs.

(Another) Barbs. x
21 Sep 2016 3:31PM
I am so touched by the wonderful messages left here for Barbs, I am sure she would love them, she had the most wicked sense of humour, it was so difficult for me to find the words yesterday, I would like to thank all of you for the comments left here and some lovely personal messages.

She will leave a huge gap here, I am finding it hard to think I won't see her again, or pop up to Leeds to meet up, have fun and a giggle. To here her wild laughter and see her mega smile .

Love and light Patty
mrswoolybill Plus
13 2.1k 2229 United Kingdom
21 Sep 2016 5:35PM
I'm just going to add one other thing - Barbs was a huge part of ePHOTOzine, ePHOTOzine was also an important part of her life, and the site gave her a lot of strength and support in the last months when she couldn't get out to actually take photographs. It helped to keep her going.
saltireblue Plus
10 10.7k 62 Norway
21 Sep 2016 5:53PM

Quote:I'm just going to add one other thing - Barbs was a huge part of ePHOTOzine, ePHOTOzine was also an important part of her life, and the site gave her a lot of strength and support in the last months when she couldn't get out to actually take photographs. It helped to keep her going.

...And she always gave as good as she got when someone had a dig, but she did it with a great deal of panache and laughed all the way!
petebfrance 8 2.9k France
21 Sep 2016 9:01PM
Very sad. My condolences to her family and loved ones.
Split 6 4 2 Croatia
21 Sep 2016 9:26PM
Im relative new on the epz but her caracter represent a spirit of epz exactly how it have to be.
Regards,
Srdjan
21 Sep 2016 9:29PM
I must add that in the final days of her life she turned on a beaming smile those lucky enough to have spent time with her know exactly what I mean.
Kind, generous, loving, giving and fun until the end.

Patty
Bantu 6 7 1 India
22 Sep 2016 1:25AM
She was a great lady and I was little aware about her chemotherapy treatment but was not expecting ,her health will deteriorate suddenly.
22 Sep 2016 1:21PM
I'm very sorry to hear it, even though I knew her only from her intelligent, frequently witty, and always literate comments (and her photographs, of course).
AnnChown Plus
10 207 1 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2016 8:03AM
I'm so sorry to hear this - I haven't been on this site much recently but I remember many happy exchanges with her. She will be sadly missed. My condolences to her family.
Ann
TanyaH Plus
17 1.3k 409 United Kingdom
26 Sep 2016 10:25AM
I've only just become aware of this sad news Sad I knew she wasn't in the best of health, but never realised ... I never had the opportunity to meet her in real life, but her comments on here always made me smile. She will leave a huge void and my thoughts are with her family, friends and loved ones.
x

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.