Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Basic question on laptop display

Stuarty 16 122 England
18 Aug 2010 1:50PM
I have a feeling this will be embarrasing, but still............... I have used a desktop pc for years and have processed and printed images - with the usual frustrations - reasonably happily. I now have a "desktop replacement" laptop, ready for when the pc expires. All my images are still processed on the desktop. However, if I want to use the laptop for processing - DxO, then Elements - how do I set the screen at a constant angle? My limited use of the laptop for wp and web browsing tells me that the brightness varies alarmingly depending upon the angle. Must be a easy answer - which is where the expected embarrasment comes from.
cameracat 17 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
18 Aug 2010 2:38PM
Hi Stuart, Not embarrasing at all.

The problem with laptops is that when placed on a desk, The display is not where you want it to be.

Generally there is a recommended position for monitors, They say it helps with bad posture, Or repetitive strain issues.

I have no idea what your old computer has in the way of a monitor, But you could consider using the old display connected to the laptop.

Many laptops have a " Display port " of some description, You can configure a dual set-up that fits your needs via the display options.

The advantage of using an external display on the laptop ( When in an office situation ) Is that you can have a bigger screen of better quality, Especially if you need something that is more geared to " Digital Image " work.

Laptop displays are generally of a cheaper panel type, Unless you order one with a higher than average specification.

Smile Well that would be my solution in your position.
RichardN00 Plus
14 432 1 United Kingdom
18 Aug 2010 8:54PM
I use a Laptop Stand like these and an external keyboard and mouse if I'm using the laptop for any length of time

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.