Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Battery?

16 Jul 2021 6:43PM
can the same battery be used in 2 different cameras if charged in same charger nikon d51 nikon d3300
16 Jul 2021 6:55PM
Not necessarily - it depends on the type of battery. If it is the normal AA - or AAA battery then yes but more usually camera batteries are designed for the camera they are in. And actually I don't think will fit. If it does fit then perhaps it will, but as I have never used a Nikon I wouldn't swear to it. My cameras have all been Sony or Fuji and they all had their own battery - each one being different in shape, size, and number of connections.
Jestertheclown 12 8.5k 253 England
16 Jul 2021 7:27PM

Quote:can the same battery be used in 2 different cameras if charged in same charger nikon d51 nikon d3300

Apparently both of those cameras (presumably, that's meant to be 'D5100?') use the same type of battery, so yes.
Railcam 14 917 2 Scotland
16 Jul 2021 7:34PM

Quote: but as I have never used a Nikon I wouldn't swear to it.

Typical: an unhelpful answer from someone who has never used a Nikon.

If you check on Google, the D51 uses an EN-EL14 battery and the D3300 uses an EN-EL14a battery and YES they are interchangeable. They both use the MH-24 charger. The life of the 14a is 20% better than the 14.

I have been a Nikon user since 1976
LenShepherd 13 4.4k United Kingdom
16 Jul 2021 7:51PM
While I use Nikon camera bodies which take a larger size of battery - as Railcam says batteries can be switched between different bodies which take the same type of battery.

Over the last few years ways have been found to increase existing battery capacity such as in the EN-EL 14a - which means more shots before the battery needs re-charging.
16 Jul 2021 8:12PM

Quote:Typical: an unhelpful answer from someone who has never used a Nikon.

Prompted you to reply tho! So not completely useless!
16 Jul 2021 8:15PM
Thanks for replies have broken 51 but 33 still works just checking donít want to damage the 33
Railcam 14 917 2 Scotland
17 Jul 2021 8:32AM

Quote:Prompted you to reply tho! So not completely useless!

I do reply if I know the answer to a question, If I don't know the answer I keep quiet rather than waffle on with a non-answer.
LenShepherd 13 4.4k United Kingdom
17 Jul 2021 2:09PM

Quote:
Quote:Prompted you to reply tho! So not completely useless!

I do reply if I know the answer to a question, If I don't know the answer I keep quiet rather than waffle on with a non-answer.

Trying to take some "heat" out of these comments, there are very few camera bodies that take AA batteries these days.
It does help to limit feedback to suitable batteries for a particular camera.
thewilliam2 4 1.6k United Kingdom
17 Jul 2021 2:56PM
I've learned to check a battery designation in its entirety.

Some years back, I bought a Nikon EL-EN3 but it wouldn't physically fit my D200, which needed an EN-EL3e.
Dave_Canon 15 2.0k United Kingdom
17 Jul 2021 8:17PM
Yes the Canon LP-E6 batteries from my old Canon 5D2 can be used in my current 5D4. However, the new LP-E6N is recommended as it holds more charge and the 5D4 is greedier on power. It is still worth keeping as a back up. I do not have the 5D2 now as I traded it in for the 5D4.

Dave

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.