ADVERTISEMENT
PortraitPro Sale - 50% Off + Save An Extra 20% With Code: ZBFV23

Battery for Canon 750D/T6i

tonyguitar 10 77 37 Canada
3 Mar 2018 6:31PM
Looked through both topic lists...Nothing on the Canon battery... This will probably surprise you. Canon made their LP-E-17 battery so that it could not be copied. Then they priced it at $85 which is simply blackmail to loyal Canon users. I found where one can order two batteries and a charger for about $39 shipping included...[ to Vancouver Island ]. I found Web reviews of BlueNook home of Wasabi Power Batteries to be very Positive.
https://www.bluenook.com/
I will order soon. Tell me what you think.. I hope to save you money here. TG
franken Plus
20 5.5k 4 United Kingdom
3 Mar 2018 6:59PM
There appears to be several non canon batteries on eBay for the 750d . I've no idea if they're suitable or any good.

Ken.
Fma7 7 1.1k United Kingdom
3 Mar 2018 7:26PM

Quote:Wasabi Power Batteries to be very Positive

There's the thing, they need to be positive and negative Smile

I have a Duracell for my 50D which works perfectly, can't remember where I got it though.
cuffit Plus
16 357 8 England
4 Mar 2018 6:37PM
Hello Tony Guitar (Having written everything below - you might want to go down to the bottom line).

I often put the link for alternate batteries to Canon's own in similar threads but haven't received any feedback; all I can say is that I have used them myself and my wife uses them in her Canon 70D. I do agree about the price of batteries, I remember talking with a Canon rep at a show and asking how a camera full of hi-tech - required a battery costing 10% of the price - the answer was along the lines of expensive components/minerals and the like but, like ink cartridges, I think the mark-up is to probably claw some money back as the cameras are not where the profit is. Anyway....

The company we use is the EOS Magazine website which has an e-shop and sells Hahnel equivalent batteries - the 2 we have (my wife's) and my 5D Mk 3 work fine and are recognised by the camera. The staff only use Canon cameras and I do not think they would sell anything that wasn't known to work. The website is here.

I have just looked at the currency conversion so the battery I am recommending is $5 more (without postage!) so of no use to you, sorry. But you might get a Hahnel one in your neck of the woods cheaper than we can? Beyond Canon and Hahnel I would be wary, but Duracell do a good range. Sorry not to be of more help.

Chris

tonyguitar 10 77 37 Canada
4 Mar 2018 11:12PM
Chris;...That's excellent. You filled out this topic and helped others in the process. Delighted to learn of Hahnel. I will get one and see how it does along with my batteries. As you say...
" work fine and are recognised by the camera. ". Now THAT is VERY important. TG
cuffit Plus
16 357 8 England
4 Mar 2018 11:35PM
Hi TG, thanks for the reply, much appreciated. Good luck in your search - Chris

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.