Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Battery drain on OM-D5 mk1??

18 Jul 2021 11:24AM
Wonder if anyone else has come across this little gremlin ?
If I have the official HDL-6 Power battery holder fitted to the camera, both, yes both, batteries go flat over night. The camera is off OK and holder switched to " locked "
If I take the holder off, the single battery lasts for days if not used overly.
Any advice will be appreciated, Thanks,
David
sherlob Plus
15 3.2k 131 United Kingdom
18 Jul 2021 11:55AM
I have no knowledge of the system or specific kit, however it sounds to me as the battery holder is faulty if power is being drained in the way described. Furthermore, I would be concerned that the fault may damage the camera - to be draining batteries at the rate described implies there is a connection issue somewhere in the holder that is drawing power. Is the holder under warranty?
18 Jul 2021 12:30PM

Quote:I have no knowledge of the system or specific kit, however it sounds to me as the battery holder is faulty if power is being drained in the way described. Furthermore, I would be concerned that the fault may damage the camera - to be draining batteries at the rate described implies there is a connection issue somewhere in the holder that is drawing power. Is the holder under warranty?

No such luck, like me, a little too long in the tooth! It is a two part holder, the top half is a handgrip and the bottom the battery holder, but you cannot fit the battery holder direct to the camera......

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.