BBC article on CGI Models - forget cameras, and people - just get software.

JackAllTog Plus
9 5.3k 58 United Kingdom
12 Sep 2018 11:31PM
Interesting to again see how the fashion industry can dispense with modeling and photography:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-45474286

Also of interest is how these cgi model images could be tailored to appeal to every potential market, also how they'll never age or wake up with anything but flawless skin etc.

On the plus side this technology might make online clothes ordering easier as your body image could be uploaded/modeled to see how you might look in certain outfits etc.

Wink When the machines take over though, they'll just stop pandering to our desires for 'pleasing' images and wasting electricity on keeping us warm/entertained/illuminated.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri 17 16.4k United Kingdom
13 Sep 2018 8:44AM

Quote:On the plus side this technology might make online clothes ordering easier as your body image could be uploaded/modeled to see how you might look in certain outfits etc.

I know how I look in all outfits. Inflicting it on others is enough for me, I don't want to see it myself thanks.

Wink
Ross_D 4 777 1 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2018 8:57AM

I recently started 3D modelling/digital art using Blender (free), Zbrushcore and the 3D tools in Photoshop (havn't picked up a camera for ages Smile ) . Looking through the ZBrush galleries there are some stunningly lifelike images. Some examples below.

Zbrush

and this is a Nismo GT-Z in Zbrush :

251628_1536824526.jpg

Obviously images are copyyright !!!

DaveRyder Plus
4 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2018 10:51AM
Its a bit like saying early photography would replace painting..
Each have there own slot and creativity.
Personally im hopless with computer modelling, ify with a camera and for god sake keep me away from a paintbrush and eisel.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.