Save up to 360 on selected ZEISS lenses!

BBC Planet Earth II

StrayCat 15 19.1k 3 Canada
10 Apr 2017 6:47PM
Have you seen this series of amazing photography? I had seen 2 of the 6 on BBC Earth as previews, and when I saw the Blue Ray 2-disc set in COSTCO yesterday, I had to have it. I have watched 4 of the series now, and my favourite so far by a mile is Deserts, the photography is phenomenal. I have all of the other sets on Blue Ray also, and since we just got a new 55 inch TV, I'll be watching them at least a couple more times. They were outstanding on our not-so-old 40 inch, but the bigger screen really does them justice. I support many projects such as this one, and many of the National Geographic ones also, amazing camera work and editing. I have one called Army of Darkness; a full length documentary about a pack of hyena's ongoing battle with a pride of lions. Anyone even thinking about doing any video work with their camera would do well to study the exceptional quality of these documentaries.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

DaveRyder Plus
5 3.6k 1 United Kingdom
10 Apr 2017 7:01PM
Brilliant series.
BBC and Attenborough at their best.

SlowSong Plus
11 8.4k 30 England
10 Apr 2017 7:18PM
This series was stunning. I envy you your big screen, Denny.
The little desert beetle was one of my faves.
10 Apr 2017 9:14PM
Yup... brilliant stuff...I constantly find myself thinking "How the hell did they film that..?"

Very clever folk....and I do like David Attenborough's involvement and narration, the Richard Burton of the animal world...! He's gonna be a very hard act to follow...
cattyal Plus
14 9.0k 6 England
10 Apr 2017 9:51PM
I loved the Racer Snakes Smile
10 Apr 2017 11:08PM
I enjoyed it all, as you can well imagine, but most of all the panning and zooming of the scenes was outstanding, especially those sand dunes. The extreme close-up shots of the animals are breathtaking. If you haven't seen the original series, it's also up there with this one. In the original series it took the photographer months to get the first videos ever of snow leopards hunting in the mountains, incredible.
MikeRC 14 3.6k United Kingdom
11 Apr 2017 8:13AM
David Attenborough has done some amazing stuff, I recently watched one of his programs called,...I think, "Rise of the birds"
....It was mostly about my favourite bird the "Bird of Paradise"
Unfortunately I forgot to record it so wondering if I can get it on DVD.

Chester zoo used to have one and I've spent many hours trying to get a decent shot.

I envy you your huge screen Denny but my wife says she gets headaches watching our 34" screen Smile
11 Apr 2017 8:59AM
Mike, we have a fairly large living room, and I was having trouble reading text on the screen from where I sit when my wife takes my chair.Smile So I did a bit of shopping around and after returning two 4K models because of picture quality, I bought a 1080p hybrid, lcd/led, and I'm happy. Next time it'll be a 75 inch.Grin Btw, I paid $200 more for our older 40 inch than I did this one. I have recorded 3 new documentaries recently called David Attenborough's Natural Curiosities, very good.
13 Apr 2017 8:37AM
Just watched the scene with the racing snakes, nightmares for sure tonight.Tongue

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.