Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

before and afters

Pete Plus
14 18.7k 96 England
15 Jan 2012 11:45PM
I still think we're are the only gallery site with a before and after gallery. I just uploaded to it and think it's a fantastic feature to show changes you make to photos. How many members have found this a useful feature? Do you use it?
Here's my latest example... fishing boats ...just in case you are not aware of the feature and want to see an example.

Hover over or click on the 1 and 2 boxes just below the photo to see the versions.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade Plus
11 15.2k 216 England
16 Jan 2012 12:25AM
great feature Pete

have tried to encourage people to use it in a few threads in the past, for various things - like a straight "before and after" of the same shot, or the old "which of these 2 do you prefer" thread a few years ago, that was good fun whilst it lasted.
Tooth 10 5.8k 227 Ireland
16 Jan 2012 2:37AM
It's a great feature - used it on my last upload ,. Obviously wouldn't want to use it every time but as it was of an abstract nature where I had "seen" an image in rock i wanted to show that all the features were there (I didn't add in eyes etc). It's great for demonstrating techniques as well.

It'd be great if EPZ would build more on unique features like this and less on generic LCD stuff Smile

Stephen
franken Plus
13 3.6k 4 Wales
16 Jan 2012 7:47AM
I use it occasionally - good feature.

Ken
Nick_w Plus
8 4.2k 99 England
16 Jan 2012 8:05AM
I've seen something similar on F****r Pete, where there's groups for showing how the image was arrived at I first stumbled accross it when looking at the work of Dustin Diaz.

I've used it a few times but not often. It does gt silly when sometimes people upload 20 images to It to get by the 1 image a day restrictions, I have problems doing 1 a week.
brrttpaul 4 205 United Kingdom
16 Jan 2012 9:29AM
didnt know about this very handy for me, how do i put a before an after up though
16 Jan 2012 10:06AM
Its an e2 feature
rambler Plus
7 482 14 England
16 Jan 2012 11:01AM
Such a shame it is so well hidden in the versions gallery.
gingerdelight 9 298 11 United Kingdom
16 Jan 2012 11:38AM
Yes, I've used it a few times too, and it is also interesting to see other people's work in this way.
Carol

PS: your image is great for this Pete (still prefer the After one!!) Wink
8Mfps 6 80 United Kingdom
16 Jan 2012 11:49AM
Extreme example for this topic
Purely by chance!!

mum-dad.jpg

Pete Plus
14 18.7k 96 England
16 Jan 2012 11:53AM

Quote:Extreme example for this topic

Excellent. I love seeing this sort of thing. Would have been incredible if they could have been against the same wall Smile
Jestertheclown 6 6.9k 246 England
16 Jan 2012 2:47PM
It does come in handy.

I used it only yesterday.
cattyal Plus
10 7.0k 6 England
16 Jan 2012 3:00PM
It is indeed a good gallery option and I've not used it for a long time. However if anyone thinks I'm going to upload a before and after of one of my self portraits they've got another thing coming Smile
SlowSong Plus
7 5.3k 29 England
16 Jan 2012 3:23PM
Now that would be worth seeing Alison. Grin I've used it now and then, usually when I've done a manip to show the original. i.e. here just this week.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.