Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Best mirrorless camera or any other ideas?

DaveRyder Plus
7 5.5k 9 United Kingdom
20 Dec 2017 2:53PM
I traded a Oly Stylus 1 for an OMD E-M10.
But the holiday ive just returned from the Stylus would have been just as good.
Long zoom and bright lens f2. 8 right across zoom.
But then I've alway used Oly. since OM10 so am not unbiased.

But a good 2nd user Stylus 1 would add to rather than replace current kit.
saltireblue Plus
11 11.9k 75 Norway
20 Dec 2017 4:02PM
The best advice - if you have an outlet near you - would be to test-drive several alternatives and see what you are most happy with. My local store allows 3-day tests for a nominal fee + refundable deposit.

Having moved form Canon 5diii to Fuji (tried x-t1 and settled on x-t2) I thoroughly recommend the move away from dslr. Both Fuji and other brands today offer quality results, far better than their reputation, which tends to be based on old technology from a few years ago.
I certainly don't find IQ is any worse than the dslr images I used to take.
RobboB Plus
14 133 United Kingdom
20 Dec 2017 8:12PM
I don't have experience of any other mirrorless except Fuji and they are great. The lenses are superb as are the sensors. I have an XT20 for travelling light. Had an XE1 before that. From the xe1 I have a print that is A2 in size and it's pin sharp.
20 Dec 2017 8:57PM
I'm also very tempted to "downsize"..... on a recent continental motorbike tour I took the DSLR and all its bits...and used a Compact Canon for nearly all my shots...out of my pocket, compose, shoot, ride on...instead of unpacking the beast, setting up and packing away again..

I keep casting my eyes on:

Sony ILCE6000LB

Compact(ish) APS-C sensor, interchangeable lenses (or your existing ones with an adaptor..) though Sony lenses themselves seem limited in range and quite high in price..

Amaz-on buyer reviews are quite favourable...

I still love using the dslr, but there's gonna come a point....

Quiet evenings with a glass or two of grape juice, browsing my "wish list" are likely to lead to serious card damage if I'm not careful....

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.