BEST MONITOR CALIBRATOR

ajw 10 1 United Kingdom
13 May 2012 11:44AM
Hi
My i1 Display2 is not Lion compatible and wondered if anyone can let me know which is the best monitor colour calibrator.

Regards

Arthur

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Buchephalus 11 30
13 May 2012 12:08PM
Check the X-Rite site here http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?PageID=264, it states at the bottom of the page this:

i1Profiler D2LionEdition is now available for registered i1Display LT and i1Display 2 owners. This software is only compatible with Apple OS X 10.7 Lion. If you have not registered your device, please register now to receive download link.

Hope this helps.
Hi,
i use a spider express 4 on my apple mac 27" screen. Apple calibrates the screen for video and games instead of photography. if you don't recalibrate your images will look great on your own screen but flat and dull to everyone else.
puertouk 8 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
13 May 2012 3:12PM
I use X-rite colour monkey on my dell
ajw 10 1 United Kingdom
13 May 2012 3:32PM
Hi

Thanks very much. I downloaded the D2LionEditon and it worked - thanks.

I have been trying to resolve the problem of my images being flat and dull. In the past, I used to do my calibration about every month and assumed that the lastest profile was being used. Despite this, my images, either printed or viewed on another machine, were flat and dull. The point made that the Apple calibrates for video and games is something that I did not know. In my case could it be that the lastest profile was not being used. Unfortunately, when I upgraded to Lion, all my previous xrite profiles were lost.

Many thanks again for all your help.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.