Your chance to win a Nikon Z 50 Camera Kit!

Best PC backup software

davidburleson 13 3.0k 3 United Kingdom
28 Jul 2011 10:56AM
I've been using Crashplan as well. I don't bother with the cloud part of it as its pay. But find it useful that it gives you the option to back to:

1. a different folder
2. a different disk
3. a different computer on a network
4. another computer over the internet
5. to their dedicated cloud

It's also very low resource usage and backups while your using the computer.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MeanGreeny 14 3.7k England
28 Jul 2011 10:59AM

Quote:Karen's Replicator - works excellently for our 4 computers. And it's free too! Daily/Weekly/ scheduled BUs - or On Demand - whatever you want.

here

I've used Karens Replicator for many years but recently [last week] started to have a problem with it. It has started to use up huge amounts of cycles on my quad core processor [increasing to 100% of all 8 cores] running Win7 64 bit. Pity, I really liked it and it's incremental backups were rapid.

I've started to use Cobian Backup 10 which is excellent and was my app of choice before Replicator.

FYI Karen Kenworthy, the creator of 'Replicator' - and many other freeware apps - died recently after a long illness. There'll be no more updates after 3.6.8.
User_Removed 16 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
28 Jul 2011 10:59AM

Quote:For the incremental backups how easy is it for you to restore the data onto a new disk so it matches the dead/stolen PC or hard drive?

In the case of a dead drive I could restore the disc image which Windows 7's backup creates. I wouldn't do that though, I'd rather use it as an opportunity for a fresh install of Windows and simply restore the Documents library and Music library.

For cloud backup I use Backblaze, (similar to Crashplan by the sounds of it)
darranl 11 318 England
28 Jul 2011 11:01AM

Quote:simply restore the Documents library and Music library.

Have you ever tried this?
User_Removed 16 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
28 Jul 2011 11:02AM
Just the music library.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.