Get 20% Off PortraitPro 22 With Our Exclusive Code

Best place to buy lens

MeanGreeny 16 3.7k England
17 Apr 2008 7:56AM
To balance the argument a little, he's been very naughty with the late delivery of a Canon lens to me recently with little or no [mostly no] response to emails and texts. I get the feeling he said 'Yes' when he didn't actually have a copy in stock.

Never had a problem prior to this time
b6waf 15 6 United Kingdom
22 Apr 2008 11:48AM

Quote:Hi

As I understand, Kerso imports these lenses. How does it work with warranties? I'm looking at a Canon L lens if the price is right, and it could save me the hassle of customs if he had already dealt with them.

No problem at all. I bought a 60mm EF-S Macro lens from him last July and last week it stopped Autofocussing. I posted it off to Canon UK on Monday, together with Ian's Invoice, and they posted it back Friday, fixed F.O.C.

Just ordered my third lens (and first "L") from him last night.
LenShepherd 13 4.4k United Kingdom
23 Apr 2008 1:01PM
This is an interesting thread - the query was about price AND SERVICE.
I cannot see any mention of service!
There are plenty of good UK retailers with competitive prices able to exchange or refund instantly with a problem product.
With respect if a lens has a problem legally the retailer has to replace it or refund - at your option. With Nikon and Canon none pro service being weeks rather than days and longer when there is a parts shortage there is a lot to be said with dealing with a UK retailer rather than relying on the manufactures warranty.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.