Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Best place to get prints

Leif 10 722
17 Nov 2011 8:29AM
I need some prints which will potentially be used as evidence in the Small Claims Court, ~A4 size. I have considered buying a photo printer, but my previous experience with an Epson is that they clog if not used often, and they are a pain to set up and calibrate. So, where is the best shop to get prints? I assume I produce JPGS at about 200DPI for an A4 print. I recall trying Jessops many years ago and the machine coud not cope with the file sizes I had.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

17 Nov 2011 9:07AM
DSCL

quality prints. A4 should be no problem for any lab anyway
whipspeed Plus
11 4.1k 22 United Kingdom
17 Nov 2011 9:19AM
Yep, DSCL and also photobox
richardCJ 3 27 Scotland
17 Nov 2011 10:05AM
When i need to get extra large prints i use "The Mail Box" and as far as i know they have branches up and down the country.
They can deal with all sizes and types of printing, plus posting.
It's a great shop for these needsWink
guidoa 13 1.4k United Kingdom
17 Nov 2011 10:11AM
I bet exactly the same question will be asked next week
User_Removed 11 17.9k 8 Norway
17 Nov 2011 11:08AM
..and the week after that. Ad Nauseum... Grin
Leif 10 722
17 Nov 2011 6:22PM
Thank you to the first three people.
redsnappa 12 2.0k United Kingdom
17 Nov 2011 6:34PM

Quote:I bet exactly the same question will be asked next week

Quote:..and the week after that. Ad Nauseum...

Your doing a very good job of putting people off this site. I was hoping that this site would adopt the practices of many american based computer forums where the more experienced user hates new people comming into to their hobby and condemn & make fun of every question newbees ask.
User_Removed 11 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
17 Nov 2011 6:44PM
With 6 years Leif's hardly a "newbie", the Search Forum box isn't just there for decoration - it's to stop repeats. Some people can't be bothered to keep repeating themselves so older threads often have more comprehensive answers.
SlowSong Plus
6 5.2k 29 England
17 Nov 2011 7:34PM
I've used the search box before and not found what I was looking for. I don't mind how many times the same question gets asked (within reason). There are always new people that will benefit from the info, which quite often will have been updated since the last enquiry.
whipspeed Plus
11 4.1k 22 United Kingdom
17 Nov 2011 7:39PM
I have to say the same thing, the last few times I've used the search facility it seems to put up topics from years ago that are probably not relevant now.

On another note, does anyone know where I can get good prints made of my husbands botanical drawings? I'm looking for a company that I can send the original to and who do the whole process from start to finish.
User_Removed 11 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
17 Nov 2011 8:45PM

Quote:last few times I've used the search facility it seems to put up topics from years ago that are probably not relevant now
Absolutely agree with that. I always end up having to sort them by date with newest first. I've asked before if that can be the default but they've never changed it.
Leif 10 722
18 Nov 2011 7:56AM
The search finds questions along the lines of "where can I get a wedding album" or "where can I get large prints". I don't need them to be true photo quality, but I do need them to be clear for court use. Longevity will not be an issue. I hope! Hence the reason I asked the question. And shops do change, with some introducing new equipment and/or pricing. I really am looking for a high street shop so I can see the quality is good enough. I guess I will wander round Guildford and see what is available.

It is very very easy for someone to post a put down without thinking.
Leif 10 722
18 Nov 2011 7:57AM

Quote:I have to say the same thing, the last few times I've used the search facility it seems to put up topics from years ago that are probably not relevant now.

On another note, does anyone know where I can get good prints made of my husbands botanical drawings? I'm looking for a company that I can send the original to and who do the whole process from start to finish.

Whoever you use, send it recorded. I have lost a number of non recorded letters and parcels, but I have never lost a recorded letter.
18 Nov 2011 8:11AM

Quote:On another note, does anyone know where I can get good prints made of my husbands botanical drawings? I'm looking for a company that I can send the original to and who do the whole process from start to finish.

Hi Sarah, might be worth you having a word with Chris at Prophoto Solutions , they do fine art reproductions and printing. I'm collecting my first print & canvas order from him today so will let you know how they turn out. He's in Brixworth Northants so reasonably local for you.

Martin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.