Save & earn with MPB this Christmas; trade-in and buy pre-loved

Best question yet!!

ruralscotland 17 1.3k
13 Sep 2006 9:35PM
Just been asked a question with regards to an item I am selling on Ethingy!!

It has to be the best question I have had yet.......

"I really like the design and style, but is it an automatic camera? I have seen similar Russian cameras on sale, but you have to wind the film yourself, and I dont have the facilities (dark room) to do so. Cheers."

Made me laugh anyway!

Allan
Centurion 17 1.2k England
13 Sep 2006 9:37PM
Tee hee!
Britman 15 1.7k England
13 Sep 2006 9:43PM
ahhh but what was your reply?
ruralscotland 17 1.3k
13 Sep 2006 9:47PM
My reply:-

Dear Sir

This camera has a manual wind on, I do not understand why you would need a darkroom for it though?

A manual wind is just that, you load the film, wind on to the first frame, take your shot, wind on to next frame etc etc.

Many thanks
SusieH 16 67 England
13 Sep 2006 9:49PM
Hi Allan,

Thanks for sharing - made me laugh too, but you should have told him to chill out and unwind with a polaroid.

Sue
ruralscotland 17 1.3k
13 Sep 2006 9:55PM
lol @ Susie
Big Bri 20 16.7k United Kingdom
13 Sep 2006 10:02PM
Well, one of the women on my C&G Photography course a few years back said "But I still don't understand how they get my camera to wind the ISO400 film on faster than the ISO200"
agoreira 18 6.0k Wales
14 Sep 2006 8:19AM
Well, one of the women on my C&G Photography course a few years back said "But I still don't understand how they get my camera to wind the ISO400 film on faster than the ISO200"

Good question! Wink How do they do it, Bri?
agoreira 18 6.0k Wales
14 Sep 2006 8:26AM
I started watermarking some of my photos on a webpage recently, and some had watermarks, others had still not been done. I had a request from a lady customer (had to be a lady, didn't it!) asking for three prints, one of which had been watermarked, the other two hadn't. But she only wanted the watermarked one "if you can get the writing off it!"
deviant 17 3.1k 1 United Kingdom
14 Sep 2006 8:34AM
IT related but very funny. I recently had a guy ask me how how his email would find him if he moved to another desk.
Big Bri 20 16.7k United Kingdom
14 Sep 2006 8:44AM
That's very scary.

Of course, the very best is from a mate of mine who went out (very briefly, I should add) with a girl he met through the ads in a heavy metal magazine. They got to talking about space travel (don't ask me how) and she asked him why we had never landed a man on the sun. After he had sprayed half his beer over the table, he pointed out to her that not only was it a very long way, but also extremely hot and the spaceship and astronauts would be frazzled to a crisp. She asked him, quite seriously, "Why can't they land there at night ?"
At that point he lost the rest of his beer. And left.
JeremyCC 15 14
14 Sep 2006 8:53AM
A friend who worked at a large photographic store who offered image repair was asked by an old lady if they could remove objects from the image. Of course was the reply. The reply - Well could you remove the bus from the image because my grandson is behind it and it is the only picture I have of his holiday with us!
gcarth Plus
17 4.2k 1 United Kingdom
14 Sep 2006 1:50PM

Quote:A friend who worked at a large photographic store who offered image repair was asked by an old lady if they could remove objects from the image. Of course was the reply. The reply - Well could you remove the bus from the image because my grandson is behind it and it is the only picture I have of his holiday with us!

LOL! An absolute gem!
FatHandedChap 15 1.3k England
14 Sep 2006 3:29PM
This morning in my office (a local Government information centre based in the library) an old woman came in and the conversation ran like this -

Old Woman "Are the trains still running between Lowestoft and Norwich or have they started engineering works"

Me "I'm sorry, I don't know"

Old Woman "Where can I get more information?"

Me "Have you tried the train station"

Old Woman "Good idea, I never thought of that"

We gets lots of them coming in, picking up bus timetables and asking "Are these the current ones?"
"No they're collectors items from 1956" (atleast that's what I would say if I didn't have a mortgage to pay)

Tony
tanglefoot 17 973 England
15 Sep 2006 10:36PM
I asked a woman at work....if you were in a vaccum and I called your name do you think you'd here me?
she replied ...depends if it was switched on or not

one woman who knows her place

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.