Get 20% Off PortraitPro 22 With Our Exclusive Code

Best question yet!!

Centurion 17 1.2k England
16 Sep 2006 12:06AM

Quote:A friend who worked at a large photographic store who offered image repair was asked by an old lady if they could remove objects from the image. Of course was the reply. The reply - Well could you remove the bus from the image because my grandson is behind it and it is the only picture I have of his holiday with us!

Thats not true...you made that up. Its too funny ROFL Grin

Gav
Centurion 17 1.2k England
16 Sep 2006 12:10AM
I remember my dad telling me a story about a young lad who was on work experience from uni.

He had a problem with his motor, something about water not coming out when he used his wipers.

My Dad asks him if he has filled the screen wash resevior up and the lad replied "Oh i didnt know you had to fill it up, I thought it used the rain water that ran through the vents on the bonnet.

:5
daib 15 23
16 Sep 2006 1:06AM
Best question so far for me is the old lady one. Close second the work experience lad, plenty of brains but NO common sense. Smile
MeanGreeny 16 3.7k England
16 Sep 2006 11:27AM

Quote:Of course, the very best is from a mate of mine who went out (very briefly, I should add) with a girl he met through the ads in a heavy metal magazine. They got to talking about space travel (don't ask me how) and she asked him why we had never landed a man on the sun. After he had sprayed half his beer over the table, he pointed out to her that not only was it a very long way, but also extremely hot and the spaceship and astronauts would be frazzled to a crisp. She asked him, quite seriously, "Why can't they land there at night ?"
At that point he lost the rest of his beer. And left.

That's the script [virtually word for word] from a Goon Show from years ago.
CathyT 15 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
16 Sep 2006 11:52AM
My very,very blonde daughter wanted her hair highlighted to look like a friend of mine..

Daughter: I want my hair like Tina's (my friend).

Me: Why do you need your hair highlighted its blonde anyway.

Daughter: No , I want that black sripe down the middle..
CathyT 15 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
16 Sep 2006 11:52AM
Should say stripe..
doczoc 18 773
16 Sep 2006 12:05PM
Not a question but still daft. We had an 'important' letter from school the other day informing of some not very important infomation. But at the bottom in bold ithad

'If you have not recieved a copy of tis letter please inform the office so that one can be sent out to you as soon as possible'

Ho were they expecting people to know?
clevercloggs Plus
17 251 15 Netherlands
16 Sep 2006 2:07PM
Not exactly a question but still:
Our computer technician send us all an e-mail telling us that the e-mail of one of us is infected with a virus. "Should we receive an e-mail from a collegue we are to delete it immediately." At that moment we all left the office. Smile
Carabosse 18 41.8k 270 England
16 Sep 2006 3:12PM
Try saying "SLR" or "single-lens reflex" camera to people.

90%+ of the time you will get a blank look!
Big Bri 20 16.7k United Kingdom
16 Sep 2006 3:23PM
You're right. I just went up to a bloke who lives down the road, and said "single-lens reflex". And he gave me a very blank look.
16 Sep 2006 3:24PM
It's worse when you say it to people actually holding one! Grin
16 Sep 2006 3:25PM

Quote:That's the script [virtually word for word] from a Goon Show from years ago.

Well, I'm too young to remember the Goon Show, but I promise you it really happened. Unfortunately, my friend is no longer in contact with the girl in question Smile
16 Sep 2006 3:25PM
I was holding one!
16 Sep 2006 3:28PM
I meant the person you're speaking to is holding one!! ;o(
dave thelens 18 936 United Kingdom
16 Sep 2006 3:39PM
The iwas an exchamge with one of my adult students a while back ...

St ... Dave, can you sharpen an image in Photoshop

Me ... there is a facitlity to do just that, so you can make an image sharper

St ... what can you do with this then .. producing a well out of focus image

Me ... I dont think there's much we can do with that as we can sharpen an image but not restore full focus on an image as bad as that

St ... Well they do it in the James Bond movies ..

Dave

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.