Best question yet!!

Flashman 19 156
20 Sep 2006 8:45PM

Quote:That "Any key" one has been doing the rounds for years...

according to you, but thats what he told me
keith selmes 18 7.4k 1 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2006 9:06PM
The any key is an old old story but I believe it.
Probably has happened many times over.

Twenty years ago, a man is trying to talk someone through a problem over the phone. He tells her to press c and then two full stops. (He means c..) It doesn't work. They try again. Still doesn't.
He says, "after the c, what key are you pressing ?".
"The one with two full stops on it" she says.

You know the one she was using don't you? This : one.

Those stories about people who were told to copy a disk and used the photocopier were true as well.
monstersnowman 16 1.7k 1 England
20 Sep 2006 9:19PM
Here's an old one ...

An old lady had just lost her husband and she had one good photograph of him but in it he is wearing an old hat she always hated. So after taking advice from her son she took it to a shop on the high street that restored and altered old photographs. She explained to the man at the desk about the hat and how she hated it, and asked if he could have the hat removed from the picture. The man advised her that using the latest editing software they would have no problem removing the hat from the image and it would look as good as if he had never been wearing one ... nobody would ever notice. So she agreed and was about to leave when the man behind the counter asked, "we will obviously need to know what kind of hair he had ..." The old lady replied in surprise, "Well you'll see it when you remove his hat young man !!".

Ayyeeethankkyoooo ...

Blow the dust off that before you tell it to someone ;0) I am sure there is someone who hasn't heard it.
fauxtography 16 6.6k 36
20 Sep 2006 9:26PM

Quote:I am sure there is someone who hasn't heard it.

maybe.. but definitely no one reading this thread that's for sure Wink
Big Bri 20 16.7k United Kingdom
20 Sep 2006 11:09PM
flashman - not saying it's not true, just that it's been around for a long time, [link=en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Any_key]see here[/link]
dunczilla 16 74 England
22 Sep 2006 10:37AM
Sad to say, my mother took her CD copy of The Phantom of the Opera OST back to WH Smiths because she could only get it to play on one side.
Flashman 19 156
24 Sep 2006 9:50AM
Big Bri, do you live in Wonkers Corner then, or just do your photography there, looks a nice place
Just Jas Plus
19 26.4k 1 England
24 Sep 2006 12:14PM
Bill was sitting in the pub, looking rather serious.

"Why so serious?" asked Joe.

"Well," replied Bill "I've just lost my wife".

"Great!" said Joe "tell me how you do it". Smile)
thekitschgoth 17 178
24 Sep 2006 12:47PM
Have heard somebody ask if they could buy jpegs before.
Just Jas Plus
19 26.4k 1 England
24 Sep 2006 1:40PM

Quote:Have heard somebody ask if they could buy jpegs before.

Ideal for 'hanging' computers! Smile)
Billlee 15 5.5k England
24 Sep 2006 2:06PM
This is TRUE, some years ago during a power cut I asked a West Indian if he had been "Blacked Out" !!!!!
Just Jas Plus
19 26.4k 1 England
24 Sep 2006 2:14PM

Quote:I asked a West Indian if he had been "Blacked Out" !!!!!

Did Jamaica mistake, then? Smile
chriswebb 17 893 United Kingdom
24 Sep 2006 3:29PM

Quote:"I really like the design and style, but is it an automatic camera? I have seen similar Russian cameras on sale, but you have to wind the film yourself, and I dont have the facilities (dark room) to do so. Cheers."

I don't know what sort of camera you were selling but some older rangefinders including Russian Leica clones came with their own cassettes which you had to wind film onto, so I suspect this person was referring to that rather than winding the film on in the camera.

While on the subject of stupid comments, when somebody told me Princess Margaret had died I said "Was she older than the Queen?"
JuliaB 16 110 2 United Kingdom
24 Sep 2006 4:01PM
I asked my husband how many people were in the gang in Ocean's Eleven

smart me
Flashman 19 156
24 Sep 2006 6:17PM

Quote:I asked my husband how many people were in the gang in Ocean's Eleven

You didn't make a mistake, you're a girl, girls don't make mistakes, after all Bombay duck is a fish

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.