Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Best Thumbnail Software??

manhattan88 19 14
8 Feb 2002 1:32PM
Hi there

I'm looking for a thumbnail program so that I can produce proofs to my brides and grooms. Is there one that anyone can rcommend that is flexible and simple to use? MANY THANKS!

David
Will 19 1.8k United Kingdom
8 Feb 2002 3:44PM
Hi David,

Here a couple of links for the type of program you want. I haven't tried any of them so can't recommend a particular one sorry.

http://www.gosunshine.com/pixshow.html
http://www.webattack.com/get/imageproof.shtml

The Tucows website has a lot of shareware and freeware programs available, and you can search for thumbnailing programs. The link for that is www.tucows.com
Hope these help,
Will
Dabber 19 246 England
9 Feb 2002 12:00PM
David,
I use Piccolo, I'm even still on Ver 1.0,

It's right click' launching software, all you need to do is right click an image file, you then select 'view in Piccolo' and all the images in that folder/location come up on the screen.

You can view (any size that you want,)
you can rename them dead easy, then you can print 'contacts' any size or quality that you want.

No doubt the latest version has a few more bells and whistles but the original does it for me just fine.

I'm sure there is a place from which you can download a trial somewhere but I bought mine from Jessops,

just a thought! I bet you could get a trial version from Jessops Web site.
peterjones 19 5.1k 1 United Kingdom
16 Feb 2002 6:33PM
Kai's Powershow seems to be the fave software obtainable from www.jungle.com;I haven't yet tried it myself but people who have say it is the business!
Digital1 19 93
17 Feb 2002 10:41PM
Hi David

As Dabber said piccolo from pixology is an ideal program for quick prints. You can place up to 32 prints on one page and mix sizes and orientaions on the same page. another useful tool is the framing tool within the page layout section. You can zoom into an image without the need for croping. It will also find any images on your hard drive including temp files within the tempory internet files so if you forgot to download an image it will find it there.

If you pop in to Jessops for a free printernet CD it has a full version of ver 2 on it free, or you can buy it with full support and manuals for 19.90. Pay them a visit it is worth it.

Baz
jameswburke 19 14 Ireland
28 May 2002 3:33PM
The best image viewer / organiser I've come across is ThumbsPlus - it allows renaming of images and beats the rest by miles

James Burke

www.grand-design.co.uk
cthetford 18 3
30 May 2002 3:58PM
I tried the evaluation copy of AfterShot from www.jasc.com and very quickly decided to purchase it.

The thing that I really like about it is that you can export any keyword and description data to a file in the directory and then re-locate the directory without losing the info. Most thumnail programs break down when you archive photos.

Take a look at the print formatting in the demo, you have a several proof sheet formats to choose from.
27 Jul 2002 6:16PM
I agree with James Burke abouth Thumbs Plus
see the link below
http://www.cerious.com/thumbsplus.shtml
June
Curtis Welsh 19 32 United Kingdom
28 Jul 2002 10:32AM
Try evaluating Fotostation at www.fotostation.co.uk.
Curtis Welsh 19 32 United Kingdom
28 Jul 2002 10:38AM
correction to my previous suggestion. www.Fotostation.com
mad-dogs 18 2.2k England
1 Aug 2002 10:56AM
Try Extensis Portfolio which is a very professional catalogue program similar to Cumulus.

cheers

Dave
=====

http://www.extensis.com/portfolio/

"Getting organized." You know its a great idea. You know its boring. Youd rather be creating instead of organizing. Fortunately, youve found the answer.

Extensis Portfolio 6 takes over the grunt work of getting and staying organized by creating a visual database from your selected files and folders. Portfolio provides folder monitoring, database management, thumbnail previews, streamlined cataloging and much more to help you organize, find and distribute your files with ease. The new Portfolio Express floating palette lets you access your cataloged files from any application so you can find and use what you need as fast as possible.

Portfolio 6 Users: Get a free copy of PortWeb 6, a powerful web server plug-in for Mac and Windows that allows you to dynamically publish the contents of your Portfolio catalogs on the Web. Click here to download your copy.

osa 18 1
13 May 2003 4:01PM
Hi,

I think best for web gallery is Mosaic Creator
few clicks and you are ready to publish

http://www.aolej.com/mosaic

Andy
macroman 18 15.3k England
21 Jun 2003 2:41PM
For thumbnails for our website I use 'EZ Thumbs',
Fookes Software, Switzerland.
An excellent user friendly Freeware program available at:-
www.fookes.com/
Does all your thumbs in one go complete with your own suffix/prefix on the
filename.
It can also create an 'img src' tag line in the clipboard if needed, e.g.
Main Image---
Thumbnail----- ,
so you can Copy/Paste it into your source code, which can save a load of typing and
also eliminate errors!!

Will make 20-30 thumb's in about 5 secs.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.