ZEISS Lens Discounts - Save Up To 220!

Beware Of DPD

chensuriashi Plus
13 311 18 England
31 May 2019 4:57PM
I just bought an Air Conditioner and DPD delivered it, I had to return it also with DPD to the supplier, but DPD delivered it back to the firm upside down, ruining it, they admit that they caused the damage, but are finding that the packaging was inadequate, even though they transported it to my home address in the package that I returned it in, worming their way out of paying the full amount for the unit.
It cost 399, and they say that it was incorrectly packaged, but the supplier sent it with DPD, I thought I could trust DPD, and that they are a responsible firm, but obviously not, sheer incompetence and worming behavior on their part, I warn you to do be careful of DPD, I for one will never use them again. Can anyone please offer any advise as to how to try to get my money back from them.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong Plus
10 8.1k 30 England
31 May 2019 5:29PM
Sorry, can't help with your problem, but we've just bought an air conditioner which was delivered by DPD but we haven't tried it out yet. Hope we don't have to return ours. The driver was a bit daft and said he'd rung our bell about a dozen times, but we were in so i don't know what went on there. I only saw him by chance trying our neighbour's house despite a big notice on our door saying not to do that. We've got rid of our packaging now so fingers crossed the machine's ok. I have no faith at all in delivery companies. Sad
Good luck.
Dave_Canon 13 1.5k United Kingdom
31 May 2019 7:47PM
It is difficult to understand your problem. I assume you rejected the item for a specific reason and returned as instructed by the original supplier? If this is the case just demand a full refund including any delivery costs from the original supplier.

I ordered a stairgate from Amazon which was different to the one shown in the video on their website and of no use to me. I cancelled the order for those reasons and Amazon asked me to return the item to the Market Place supplier. I contacted the supplier who asked me to send by parcel Force. Amazon refunded the original item cost and delivery cost but refused the Parcel Force cost and said the market place company should pay. Of course they said Amazon should pay because Amazon displayed the wrong video. After another refusal by Amazon, I wrote to their Head Office in London addressing to Head of Complaints and explaining that it was not my wish to take legal action but, if I had to, it would cost them a lot more than the cost of Parcel Force. It was clearly seen by someone who realised that Amazon were legally responsible and would certainly have lost in court. The immediate response from this senior was full refund, apology and some Amazon vouchers. Net result I have continued to buy many goods from Amazon and they have recovered the cost of the vouchers many times over.

Understand your legal position and pursue accordingly.

Dave
chensuriashi Plus
13 311 18 England
1 Jun 2019 4:25AM
Hi Dave the supplier wont accept it back damaged, and DPD say that it is not insured so they are not liable, damaged in transit they say, well they were transporting it...it was damaged by them when they returned it upside down.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.5k 35 Norway
1 Jun 2019 7:57AM
If they are claiming that the packaging was inadequate, then they should either have refused to accept it for transporting, or pointed out that they would not accept liability for any damage caused under transport, thus giving you the opportunity to re-package it before handing it over to them.
JJGEE 14 7.5k 18 England
1 Jun 2019 8:06AM

Quote:I warn you to do be careful of DPD, I for one will never use them again

I only occasionally buy things ' online ' and never have I seen that the purchaser can choose the courier, it its the supplier ( camera shop in my case ) that chooses the method of delivery.

Again, if you have to return the item(s) the supplier makes the arrangements.

So, I do not think that you have a choice not to use a particular courier
1 Jun 2019 11:30AM
Your situation is still unclear. Did you order the AC from a supplier who then arranged delivery (this would be normal). Did you then reject the item as not meeting the description or faulty. If so, did you then contact the supplier to ask how they would resolve this as your contact should be with the supplier only at this stage. If the supplier then instructed you (by email or letter always get such instructions in print) to return via DPD then it remains fully the original suppliers responsibility. Did you do something different to this?

A few years ago I enjoyed a particular wine in a chain restaurant and discovered there was only one UK supplier. I ordered a case and followed the tracking (cannot remember who was the deliver company but a large well known company). I noted the items were in the warehouse at the deliver and marked for delivery the next day and fortunately I was in all day. Around the end of the day the item was marked as delivered. Next day I contacted the wine merchant and made it clear I had received nothing. They came back after a few days and said the deliverer had noticed damage to the packing so decided not to deliver, the goods had been disposed of!!!! To be fair the wine merchant was very apologetic and provided an immediate full refund but sadly they were now out of stock of this item.

Dave

chensuriashi Plus
13 311 18 England
1 Jun 2019 12:40PM
I phoned Appliance Direct and told them that I could not operate it as per the instructions, they offered me a discount to keep it, and agreed that DPD were the preferred couriers to return it with so I returned it, and it arrived upside down, I have written to the CEO of DPD explaining the problem and hope that he will intervene on my behalf...
1 Jun 2019 1:13PM
Unfortunately, you did not obtain the instructions from Appliance Direct in writing. However, I have found that most reasonable companies will not lie directly. It still sound to me as if the legal responsibility remains with Appliance Direct so you should be demanding a full refund for the AC and both sets of transport charges. Of course, if Appliance Direct and DPD want to argue among themselves that is up to them. If you do not feel confident about dealing with the consumers law in respect of this, I recommend that you contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Dave
SlowSong Plus
10 8.1k 30 England
1 Jun 2019 1:35PM
Just out of interest, we got our Aircon via Appliance Direct. What was the problem you had with the appliance?
chensuriashi Plus
13 311 18 England
1 Jun 2019 1:38PM
It needs it own power supply, by a window and the fishtail devise for venting it is just too bit and unsightly with the large diameter pipe in view just not nice to have in our flat, wish I had gone for an air cooler now which I probably will once this is sorted out.
SlowSong Plus
10 8.1k 30 England
1 Jun 2019 1:48PM
Thanks for that Ian. Will have to try ours this weekend. Had to buy a bit of a thing to fix around the window though, which looks easier to fit than it actually will be.
chensuriashi Plus
13 311 18 England
29 Jun 2019 9:22AM
DPD have said that the case is now closed, and not interested, WOW what a shocking firm they are, deliberate damage to a delicate item yes I should have insured it, but did not expect it to be delivered back to the supplier upside down, I am now going for legal advice as to my protection under the consumer act and will never use DPD again. There is a fly on the wall documentary I have heard about showing the mishandling of fragile items by courier firms. I feel I have been treated very unfairly by DPD.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.