Get 50% Off Affinity Photo Today!

Big heads??

flossie 17 1.6k
2 Sep 2005 3:43AM
Can anyone tell me how they do the pictures that are featured on the McDonalds happy meal boxes at the moment? I've also seen them on cards and posters, they are pictures of dogs but the head looks really big and close up with the body seeming small and in the distance.
I seem to remember someone getting an EC for a picture of some people but can't remember who it was. It was b&w and they looked as if they were in a goldfish bowl and all distorted ...not sure if this would have been done the same way? I've put it in the lens section as I presume it's a lens or a filter of some kind
sillyconguru 16 4.4k
2 Sep 2005 3:46AM
You could use a very wide angle lens (with the subject quite close). Or Photoshop has liquify and spherize filters.
spaceman 16 5.3k 3 Wales
2 Sep 2005 3:59AM
Or you could look for some people......
UserDeleted 17 3.6k
2 Sep 2005 6:00AM
Ann,

Fisheye would do the job as well

Mike.
debbiehardy 16 363 United Kingdom
2 Sep 2005 6:08AM
I have a tutorial somewhere for doing this. I'm in the middle of a big tidy up...if I find it I'll let you know - Debbie.
flossie 17 1.6k
8 Sep 2005 1:12PM
sorry forgot to come back to this, thanks all.
Are wide angle or fisheye lenses easy to get hold of or would I have to get one specifically for the 300d and pay a fortune?

lol @ spaceman!
sillyconguru 16 4.4k
8 Sep 2005 1:19PM
An extreme wide angle lens (or fish-eye) will set you back loads of dosh if you buy a Canon or Sigma.

You can get a new Peleng 8mm fish-eye (manual focus) lens for about 100 or less off ebay. These are a bit rough'n'ready, but the quality of the image is supposed to be quite good.

Or, you could get a semi fish-eye converter. These are normally used attached to 28mm (or so) lenses, but they don't produce very good quality images.
flossie 17 1.6k
8 Sep 2005 1:27PM
Will the Peleng one fit on my camera then? I have the 18-55mm that came with it and a 100mm macro (although to be honest the mm don't mean much to me) Is a low number a wide angle?
sillyconguru 16 4.4k
8 Sep 2005 1:37PM
It can fit the EOS range directly by swapping the mount.

Yes, the lower the number, the wider it is.

Look here

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.