WEX Deal: Free Grip With Panasonic LUMIX G100 Purchase

Black Country

rodp 15 1.2k England
7 Jan 2006 11:52AM
I'm here. Who wants to go to the black country and when. Where do you want to go, Zoo and Castle (all one site); B C Museum; A general tour of the canal system (can be extensive); Anywhere else? Obviously it will have to be a weekend to get the light and cater for people who have to work during the week. I'm sort of semi self employed (don't ask, built business then sold it and now starting again,I need the adrenilin rush of near disaster) so can get time during the week if need be.
Rod.

PS, goatsmilk, sorry for highjacking your idea it just sort of happened.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rodp 15 1.2k England
7 Jan 2006 12:36PM
oops, sorry dharker, it was your thread.
Rod.
bppowell 18 2.2k 2 England
7 Jan 2006 12:38PM
Zoo & castle sounds good, never new they had either.

Barry
rodp 15 1.2k England
7 Jan 2006 1:32PM
Hi Barry, well there's two of us so far then. Zoo's a little primitive and castle's a shell. No-ones lived there for a while Smile Views from the top are spectacular on a clear day (if the top's still open, it's been a while since I went sightseeing there). It's all built on quite a steep hill so it can be tough going after a few hours. Apparently the zoo is well respected for work with endangered species etc. It would be possible to do the Zoo/castle ans B C Museum in one day as they are only a few hundred yards apart but then it's two entrance fees which makes an expensive day out for some. Don't want to exclude people just because of financial circumstances. Either could fill a day so could split up if wanted and some move on to the other site if bored with first? I'm easy and will go with the flow, don't mind showing folk around if that's what they want as I've seen it all before.
bppowell 18 2.2k 2 England
8 Jan 2006 4:34AM
Rod, where is the zoo and would they be interested in a photography day. Its a way for them to make a few bob and I think it would attact a bit of interest.

Barry
tonymidd 17 98 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2006 6:04AM
Hi Rod
As I said somewhere else count me in for the BCM and a couple of mates in all probability.
A canal trip from Gas Street in the city centre could be another possibility as Birmingham has more miles of canals than Venice tho the views are a bit different!
tonymidd 17 98 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2006 6:04AM
Hi Rod
As I said somewhere else count me in for the BCM and a couple of mates in all probability.
A canal trip from Gas Street in the city centre could be another possibility as Birmingham has more miles of canals than Venice tho the views are a bit different!
rodp 15 1.2k England
8 Jan 2006 12:30PM
Hi tony ?
that's a few more then. I'm sure I can get at least one of my brothers, possibly both, to come along. How do we make this opportunity more noticeable as there must be more folk than this that live around here? It's hardly a sparsely populated area!!!
Smile
Rod
rodp 15 1.2k England
8 Jan 2006 12:37PM

Quote:
Rod, where is the zoo and would they be interested in a photography day. Its a way for them to make a few bob and I think it would attact a bit of interest

Barry, the Zoo surrounds the castle which is just outside the town centre.The google map should show it quite well I would think. What do you mean by a photography day as such? Do you mean what we are trying to do know but on a much larger scale? I can ask, I know them well enough to approach the right people. What do I need to know? (I'm new to this(and photography)
Rod.
john64 Plus
15 824 England
9 Jan 2006 3:35AM
Just noticed this thread. I've not been to Dudley Zoo since I was a wee thing.

I'm only over in Solihull so would be up for a meet if the dates are right, when are you thinking of getting together?

JC
peter shilton 16 1.1k England
9 Jan 2006 6:26AM
I would be up for something if the sun is shining and if it's not a Sunday morning.

I hope thats not too many pre-conditions!!
Goatsmilkuk 15 783
9 Jan 2006 7:15AM
I would be up for a trip to the Black Country Living Museum should you decide to go there,just hope work does not interfere like it did with the Twycross meet.

Stu
carterart 16 74 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2006 8:45AM
Count me in - BCM is great. Like the idea of asking zoo if could put on a special day (closer access to some animals). I as wondering if West Midlands safari park near Kidderminster /Bewdley would be interested in this too - I know Canon have some special meets here as part of their Big Cat programme)
Claire
carterart 16 74 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2006 8:55AM
I've just emailed West Midlands Safari Park to see what they can offer - will start a new thread if any joy.
Claire
Goatsmilkuk 15 783
9 Jan 2006 10:23AM
Claire

If you get any joy and start a new thread please post details in here so I don't miss it, as that also sounds like a good day out.

Meets are like buses you wait for one then 3 come along at once Smile

Stu

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.