Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Black Rapid - which version?

KevSB 17 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
10 Dec 2013 10:30PM
The back pack would only cause an hindrance if you wanted to take the strap off often, being designed to use while on, if its set up right than there will be no problem. I don't use a backpack as over a long day it becomes a major problem, I don't use any or use a street and field system that distributes the Wight of equipment in the most efficient way, hanging off the shoulders and at weight height, same goes for the strap, puts the Wight hanging from your shoulders.
I find it useful when stopping to talk with people as I can let the camera hang by my side as well as eat and have a drink without again putting the camera down. when walking I have a hand strap attached also to steady it and have more control but that's just a personal preference. At first I was always concerned the tripod screw attachment would come lose and it would drop to the floor....never happened in 4 years.
saltireblue Plus
11 12.0k 75 Norway
11 Dec 2013 6:47AM

Quote:All the reviews I have seen show the strap being worn without a backpack on. Does a backpack cause a hindrance with this type of strap?

Not in my experience. I put the BR on first, backpack over it, but make sure the waist strap on the pack is under the strap. Never had a problem with that.
CaptivePhotons 18 1.7k 2 England
11 Dec 2013 6:56AM
Food for thought. Thanks.
Big Bri 20 16.7k United Kingdom
3 Jan 2014 8:15PM
Well, I've used it in anger now (including with a rucksack) and I love it. Can't believe I didn't buy one years ago. No more walking with a hunched shoulder to stop the camera slipping off.

Grin
saltireblue Plus
11 12.0k 75 Norway
4 Jan 2014 8:24AM

Quote:Well, I've used it in anger now (including with a rucksack) and I love it. Can't believe I didn't buy one years ago. No more walking with a hunched shoulder to stop the camera slipping off.

Grin

Good, aren't they.Smile
KevSB 17 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
4 Jan 2014 9:12AM
couldn't imagine carrying a camera any other way tbh Brian. the traditional style seems almost a chore in comparison
keithh 17 25.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
4 Jan 2014 11:44AM
Web page claims they cost over 50.....refresh.....still says same. What has happened to Google Chrome as that can't be right?
Ridgeway 14 222 2 Ireland
20 Jun 2014 12:11AM
I so love my Black Rapid.
Its not brilliant with a bag on your back but it does work.
I spend a lot of time with my dogs and its great it you need to lock the camera out of the way on your back.The same when on my bike you can lock it in front of you as well.
Build quality is great I have had no problems at all in any form.
I think worth the price.No real moans about it at all.
TanyaH Plus
18 1.3k 411 United Kingdom
20 Jun 2014 10:17AM
Given that I've spent way too long with the 'See a shot, bend down and take camera out of bag, frame shot, take shot, put camera back in bag, walk somewhere else in the hope of finding another image, see something and miss it cos damn camera's in the **&**! camera bag ...' mentality, I'm thinking that the Black Rapid might well be a flippin' good idea Grin

Saw them advertised years ago, but then forgot about them ... maybe I'll get myself an early present Smile
ChrisJD 11 100 Scotland
25 Jun 2014 10:08PM
Have to say I quite fancy one of these but there's so much chatter about failure on the web. Haven't seen on in real life - what are everyone's thoughts on this?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.