Save 50% On Affinity Photo Today!

Blackpool Illuminations Meet 3rd November

jeanie Plus
16 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2005 3:44AM
Hi Debbie - no idea but ring me as you reach the car parks area and I will let you know where we are/best place to park at that time etc... you will likely be arriving at about the same time as Teresa.

Look forward to seeing you....

Jeanie

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

TeresaH 15 1.1k United Kingdom
3 Nov 2005 4:01AM
Jeanie, am I parking in the police station?
jeanie Plus
16 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2005 4:04AM
There is a two storey car park next to the police station -The ground floor is the public car park. It is called Chapel Street car park. (the only under cover/multi storey by there so you cant miss it).

Look here and where Bonny Street and Chapel Street meet - there is a white area with the blue p in the middle. That is the multi storey car park - right by the courts and the 8 storey police station.

Hope this helps, see you later..

Jeanie
3 Nov 2005 4:28AM
Thanks for the map, I can see the sea!
simont 16 2.3k 4 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2005 4:44AM
Not sure if this is going to be of any use to you guys, but it costs 1.50 to park for 12 hours at star gate - South Shore at the start of the lights and about 2 for a couple of hours if you use the car parks in the middle of town.

A Tram from Star Gate to Central Pier is only about 2, if I remember rightly. They were supposed to be every 10 mins, but it seemed more random than that.

Directions: Follow signs from motorway to airport, go past airport towards the sea. At Traffic lights go straight across and turn right onto car park - if you miss the turning you'll end up on the beach.

Only problem with Star Gate parking is your car will get a good coating of sand!

Simon
debbiehardy 16 363 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2005 5:15AM
Hi Jeanie...just a weather check...it's blowing a gale and pouring with rain here...far worse than our last (non) meet :-(

What's it doing by the sea, please??

Debbie
stevie 16 1.2k 2 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2005 5:26AM
It's completely wild here in Bolton! I'm about to leave, if it's too bad in Blackpool I'll just have to abandon and come home.
3 Nov 2005 5:38AM
Blackpool Tower Webcam .

Not looking good :-((
jeanie Plus
16 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2005 5:40AM
Hi everyone, just come in myself - its very windy and the rain is coming down in absolute buckets!!!!!!!!!
Its GRIM!!

I am not sure what the forecast is for later on...

I agree with you Steve, I will still make down but if its too bad, then maybe a bag of chips and abandon!
jeanie Plus
16 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2005 5:44AM
LOL Debbie I must be in a time warp here in Blackpool - the time on the webcam is a few hours ahead of everybody else!

Stevie has set off so I will meet up with him. Wishful thinking but it may just ease off by teatime. (it did yesterday)
3 Nov 2005 5:48AM
Oh, they're a bit odd in Blackpool Wink

I will collect the children from school, then have another look outside.

Hope to see you,

Debbie.
jeanie Plus
16 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2005 5:50AM
the grey sky is actually brighter just now...the black cloud is on its way over to you now Debbie...

(if all else fails, we all meet up and go to the chippy Debbie..and I will treat you to the chips LOL!)
3 Nov 2005 6:06AM
Hello again!!

Just been on the radio A583 flooded?!?!

Just off to school..will have another look in 3/4 hour
3 Nov 2005 6:23AM
Just looked at the webcam, I'm not getting my camera out in that weather!!!
jeanie Plus
16 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2005 6:29AM
Just walked the dogs - soaked. Quick change and down to the pier to have a chat with those who have not checked in here, and to say hello to Steve who has already set off from Manchester....

The day is only fit for ducks!!!!!!!!!!

Heres an idea - open a bottle of wine, chill out and watch for the 3rd time lucky thread! (seeing as Whalley and this is a washout)

I have got my mobile with me - if you want to risk it - ring before you set off and I will let you know how good/bad it is when i get onto the prom....

Jeanie

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.