Blackpool Illuminations Meet 3rd November

arnieg 16 704 England
3 Nov 2005 6:31AM
hi jeanie
going to give this a miss

arnie

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

TeresaH 15 1.1k United Kingdom
3 Nov 2005 6:41AM
Jeanie et al

Regrettably I'm going to cancel. Earlier this year I destroyed my CF card in the rain and I don't want to risk it again. So sorry, was really looking forward to this and I even opted out of teaching for tonight!

Oh well, going to go home, have a relaxing evening by the fire.

Teresa.
debbiehardy 16 363 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2005 7:18AM
Oh, Jeanie :-(((

Rain stopped play again?! I am drenched just going to school...I wouldn't want to risk getting the camera out of its bag!

It was lovely Tuesday this week too.

Shall we risk setting another date Smile) ever optimistic!!
arnieg 16 704 England
3 Nov 2005 7:28AM
hi debbie
guess jeanie down on the front getting wet
its actualy stop raining and there a bit of blue sky
i am only 5 mins from the lights still to wet down there for my likeing
if you are free over one of the next 3 evenings there is the addd attaction of a firework diplay each night
just checked the forecast tomorrow looks about as good as it will be over the weekend

arnie
3 Nov 2005 7:41AM
Got a bonfire tomorrow with the kids, then a wedding Sat, then someone round Sun :-((

May just text Jeanie and see what it's like for later tonight...it's stopped raining here - can't believe it!!
3 Nov 2005 7:52AM
OK...

just spoken to Jeanie...there is a mini meet of 3 people Jeanie, Steve and Mary have all braved the elements!!

Looking out to sea it's blue sky, but towards St Anne's is a big black raincloud.

I've made the executive decision to follow Jeanie's advice to sit at home infront of the fire with a bottle of wine, and I'll await the first upload!!

Cheers all,

Debbie
arnieg 16 704 England
3 Nov 2005 7:54AM
that sounds good advice
arnie
jeanie Plus
16 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2005 10:10AM
Got 2 hours before the rain resumed! Now back home with my bag of chips and glass of red wine is poured!

Thanks Stevie and Mary for a lovely couple of hours. It was super to meet you both and I enjoyed the short time we had together.

Ok I will eat my chips and then look at what disasters I shot..

Thanks Debbie, Teresa and Simon (meangreeny) for contacting me - sorry that we never got to meet.

I am not organising the next on as I appear to be a jinx weather-wise LOL!

Jeanie
jeanie Plus
16 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2005 10:46AM
Ok - Here is what you missed.............

Smile
arnieg 16 704 England
3 Nov 2005 10:58AM
it was dry on the day we went to the zoo jeanie
will try tomorrow night as theres a firwork display as well
might be dry then
arnie
jeanie Plus
16 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2005 11:03AM
So it was Arnie.... I feel better now! Working tomorrow and all weekend from 5pm so no fireworks for me, except for the work related kind LOL!

Hope you have a good evening.

Jeanie
stevie 16 1.2k 2 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2005 1:30PM
Enjoyed the meet - hope to see you again soon.
Steve
marineview 15 77 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2005 2:02PM
Thanks Jeanie & Stevie for a Lovely couple of hours spent with you both, I really enjoyed it, thats a great pic Jeanie, shame about the Tower lights not coming on. Hope you enjoyed your wine and chips Jeanie. Hope to meet you both again soon (with better weather) Best wishes to you both.
Mary.
jeanie Plus
16 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2005 2:05PM
LOL Mary I dont know if you noticed, but the tower lights turned on as you pulled off the car park!!!! We went back to the prom but the rain started and taking photos was impossible so we were soon on our way, not long after you left.

Jeanie
MeanGreeny 14 3.7k England
4 Nov 2005 1:11AM
I [sort of] arrived just as the rain swept in and everyone was packing up and heading for the chip shop. Timing is my forte.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.