Enter the ePHOTOzine Christmas Prize Draw extravaganza!

Blurb Quality

Bluke 14 303 1 United Kingdom
15 Jun 2012 11:31AM

Quote:Bit pricey though IMO]

I thought the value was very good...Like "digi" I use upgraded paper and for about 124 pages with image wrap at 13"x11" it was only about 100.. my clients were thrilled to bits with it..The only thing was finding a box to fit... TK.Max is were I got a nice B/W box it was a little deep so I make a black velvet cushion to rest the album on and also made a black velvet bag for the album made it all fancy ....In all I made a decent profit...

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

779HOB 7 1.2k United Kingdom
15 Jun 2012 11:46AM
I think if you are making a one off for someone then yes you can make money and everyone is happy. If you are making one on spec of selling then to keep the retail price in an affordable range it's hard. The blurb prices are retail not trade and the disounts avalable are small. The one I am looking at doing is for a captive market but the price I chage will still need to be pretty close to the Blurb costs.
Consulo 15 840 10 Scotland
15 Jun 2012 12:03PM
Most of the graduates at this year's Edinburgh College of Art used blurb for printing of small books as part of their shows. Having flicked through a great many of them, the quality looked more than satisfactory.
779HOB 7 1.2k United Kingdom
15 Jun 2012 12:37PM

Quote:Most of the graduates at this year's Edinburgh College of Art used blurb for printing of small books as part of their shows.

I think this is an excellent use. Glad the results were good too.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.