Change gear with our partner, MPB

Booking.com - any experience?

sherlob Plus
15 3.2k 131 United Kingdom
15 Jan 2018 10:45AM
Hi All,

I知 looking at booking a hotel for a trip in a few months. Booking.com offers some good deals, but I can稚 see that it is ATOL certified. That said I知 only booking the hotel so I知 not sure if ATOL applies? Has anyone used them?

The online reviews are mixed and I think can not be trusted.

Regards,

Adam
lobsterboy Plus
17 15.0k 13 United Kingdom
15 Jan 2018 10:48AM
I have booked various hotels through them, never had a problem. Though of course YMMV
Normanr 7 87 England
15 Jan 2018 10:53AM
I too have used Booking.com since 2013 for UK and European destinations without any issues or problems.
saltireblue Plus
11 12.2k 76 Norway
15 Jan 2018 10:55AM
Used them many times for hotel bookings in Scandinavia - never had a problem.
sherlob Plus
15 3.2k 131 United Kingdom
15 Jan 2018 10:57AM
Cheers guys that makes me feel better.
Philh04 Plus
16 2.3k United Kingdom
15 Jan 2018 11:23AM
Before we bought our motorhome we used them extensively when organising trips, particularly at short notice, still use them a few times each year.

Only thing is to read the reviews of their recommendations, we had one very poor experience when we booked a B&B, but had a full refund thanks to Booking.com, I also booked a hotel when I had to stay over in South Kensington, it was probably the worst experience I have ever had, but that was my own fault as I had left it too late to get into one of the better establishments, again Booking.com came good, this time with a partial refund.

Totally recommend them...
15 Jan 2018 1:26PM
I've used them on several occasions, even for hotels in the USA, and never had a problem but do check direct booking rates before you use them as it's something cheaper to go direct. It's a useful site for finding accommodation ideas, though.
AlexandraSD 10 773 United Kingdom
15 Jan 2018 5:18PM
I wont book a hotel through any website other than booking.com because so far, no check-in issues, and free upgrades; while booking into the Britannia International at Canary Wharf, i asked for a room with a view, so they gave me a free upgrade to one of their larger suites.

Their cancellation policies are usually fair, and their app makes it easier than ever to book a late room while on the move!

I think customers reviews on hotels can be very subjective though, so take them with a pinch of salt, i recently stayed in the cheapest hotel in pboro, which does not have glowing reviews but i found the hotel to be acceptable for one night, the place did not reek of detergents and there was no one smoking weed outside the entrance as suggested by many many reviewers.
15 Jan 2018 6:43PM
And also in support of the positive reviews I never suffer from targeted advertising sites afterwards, unlike many other equivalent sites. That makes it for me.
SeeNoEvil 4 11 United Kingdom
15 Jan 2018 9:40PM
Same as Nikita, used them before, last time though we phoned the hotel and got it 」75 cheaper.
Euan65 4 316 United Kingdom
16 Jan 2018 7:09AM
We've used them several times for trips to various European countries and have never had a problem. We've also used Travel Republic and haven't had any problems there either.

You should be sceptical about online reviews. Many negative reviews are made in spite or malice from people looking for refunds and discounts.
cats_123 Plus
17 5.1k 30 Northern Ireland
16 Jan 2018 10:03AM
ATOL protection doesn't apply unless you're booking a package.

Expedia is my home to agent.😀
BobbieBoy 15 47 United Kingdom
16 Jan 2018 3:43PM
used them for my trip around New Zealand....No problems.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.