Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Bowens Pular

pontybiker 16 216 United Kingdom
27 Jan 2009 2:55PM
OMG!!! After every session I have to change the AAA batteries! Is everyone else who uses the triggers getting the same problem??
Garry_Edwards 12 284 3 United Kingdom
27 Jan 2009 4:12PM
Only if I forget to switch them off after useSmile
park my ferret 17 1.0k United Kingdom
27 Jan 2009 6:16PM
Ditto - I take the batteries out after every session - they seem to last longer then
Snapper_T 16 867 United Kingdom
6 Feb 2009 6:19PM
Do they really use that much power? I was considering these, but may opt for the Elinchrom Skyports.
Garry_Edwards 12 284 3 United Kingdom
6 Feb 2009 6:37PM
They use hardly any power at all, the problem is that, being designed for pro use, they don't have auto power off so, come the end of the day, there's a tendancy to forget to turn at least one of them off...

The Pulsar is a good unit but a bit dated now, The Skyports are cheaper and probably at least as good.
Snapper_T 16 867 United Kingdom
7 Feb 2009 9:03AM
They have been around for ages, with no update from I can see. Pocket wizards are a fav, but pricey.
isphoto 16 34 Ireland
7 Feb 2009 4:15PM
I take it you are referring to Pulsar triggers, I have a number of these in use, both in the studio and on location and have found no problem with battery life (even running them on the cheap batteries from poundland). The only time I have had a problem was when I had left a couple switched on at the end of a session, like anything if you leave it on, it uses power.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.