Black Friday Deals For Photographers

Bridge camera

28 Nov 2015 7:21PM
Can anyone recommend a good bridge camera for holidays. It would be a second camera as I already have a Canon eps 5d mkii. Would like a decent zoom range from wide-tele and good image quality too...cheers...Keith
Niknut Plus
10 2.7k 82 United Kingdom
28 Nov 2015 7:42PM
Panasonic FZ1000 !!!.......I'd buy one tomorrow if my state-pension would let me !!!!!.Grin

Check out the EPZ review.....impressive !.Smile
Paul Morgan 19 19.5k 6 England
28 Nov 2015 7:52PM
Have a look at the Stylus 1, Stylus 1s.

Its reasonably small and light with plenty of features and a decent 28-300mm equ lens with a fast fixed f2.8 max aperture throughout the zoom range.

Review
DaveRyder Plus
6 4.8k 7 United Kingdom
28 Nov 2015 8:10PM
Ive had a stylus 1 for 2 yrs now.
Love it, 28 to 300 with dig x2 600.
F2.8 right across zoom.
Nice size and weight, not brilliant for
movies
But then ive been an Olympus fan for years...
dcash29 15 2.4k England
28 Nov 2015 8:14PM
Have a look at a Sony Rx10 MK1
29 Nov 2015 12:53AM
Thanks everyone, you can read all the reviews but there's no substitute for asking people who used them. Keith
Paul Morgan 19 19.5k 6 England
29 Nov 2015 4:23AM
I use a Stylus 1.
Stickleman 10 83 3 England
29 Nov 2015 10:42AM
I have a Lumix FZ200 and within the usual constraints of the small sensor, great results can be had.The lens is a 24-600 (equivalent) constant f2.8 and is a cracking Leica lens.
teepee 17 1.5k England
29 Nov 2015 12:08PM
Panny FZ1000 it's got an APSc size sensor 25-400mm lens and if you need it 4K video that you can take a single frame from.......................
dcash29 15 2.4k England
29 Nov 2015 12:42PM

Quote:Panny FZ1000 it's got an APSc size sensor 25-400mm lens and if you need it 4K video that you can take a single frame from.......................

You sure about that?
petebfrance 8 2.9k France
29 Nov 2015 1:41PM
It may be worth looking at the Canon SX cameras. I use an SX50 - I get some good results with it, but the small sensor does limit things. The viewfinder is rather poor but that has been fixed on the SX60. It would should give the advantage of being able to use compatible flash and perhaps menus /controls will be familiar.
Niknut Plus
29 Nov 2015 5:19PM

Quote:
Quote:Panny FZ1000 it's got an APSc size sensor 25-400mm lens and if you need it 4K video that you can take a single frame from.......................

You sure about that?

EPZ review confirms this !!.
petebfrance 8 2.9k France
29 Nov 2015 5:36PM

Quote:
Quote:

You sure about that?

EPZ review confirms this !!.

Surely not the APSc sensor? It's a 1" sensor as far as I'm aware....
StrayCat 16 19.1k 3 Canada
29 Nov 2015 5:51PM
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 has a 1 inch sensor, same as the Sony RX10 and 10 II. I had an Olympus Stylus 1, kept it for a couple of weeks; nice little camera, great features, well built, but not for me, I like to crop my bird images, and with a 300mm lens one pretty much has to, because it isn't long enough, and the sensor is small for cropping, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for other uses, where long reach isn't essential. I have had a Panasonic FZ1000 for a couple months, sold all my DSLR kit, I would never use it again. The FZ1000 is the perfect camera for me, and the izoom feature, which gives you 25-800mm f2.8-f4 is so good, I leave it set at that. Because it is optical zoom, it is the same quality as 400mm. I have to switch from RAW to jpeg when I need it, but that's a very quick exercise. When doing video, the izoom gives a reach of over 1000mm, 1024mm when doing 120 fps (100 in PAL zones) slow motion video, great fun. It isn't a tiny camera, almost 2 lbs, but it's very comfortable in the hand with a wrist strap for safety. Don't need a camera bag, I just carry 2 spare batteries and a couple spare memory cards plus a variable ND filter in my pockets, total freedom.Smile It is a camera that requires practise, and delving deeply into the manual, and watching review and tutorial videos to get the most out of. I've also discovered several features and idiosyncrasies that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere. I've taken hundreds of short video clips, and it handles everything easily and very well. The negatives, according to others; I don't see any negatives: no built-in ND filter, no touch screen, microphones pick up camera noise, get a cheap plug-in one, I delete the sound on my nature videos and add my own soundtracks; can't adjust ISO during filming, zoom doesn't operate during slow motion filming, just stop, zoom, restart, simple, and hasn't caused me a problem, not weather sealed, which doesn't affect my use because I wouldn't take a weather sealed camera into weather anyway, not unless the manufacturer warrantied it against weather damage. You will see poor, fast, jerky zooming in some youtube videos shot with this camera, but it has 7 levels of zoom speed, which are easy to get used to with practise. It has the same excellent viewfinder as the GH4, big, 2.36 million dots, crystal clear, plus many other features in the GH4. I got mine on ebay with a bit of searching, new, for $537 US Dollars, but it's still at the original release price on Amazon, as far as I know. I would buy it 100 times over, in a minute.
Niknut Plus
29 Nov 2015 5:57PM
What more could you ask for ?????.......owners review/praise by Straycat....certainly confirms
all my thoughts on this desirable birra kit !!!!.GrinGrin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.