Exclusive Offer - 20% Off Mitsubishi CP-M15E Printer Bundle!

Bridge camera

Niknut Plus
10 2.7k 82 United Kingdom
29 Nov 2015 6:03PM
"Surely not the APSc sensor? It's a 1" sensor as far as I'm aware."...

There's nowhere in EPZ's review that quotes an APSC sensor ??????......the 1" sensor
is referred to throughout !!!!
dcash29 15 2.4k England
29 Nov 2015 6:05PM

Quote:EPZ review confirms this !!.
Nope!

An APSc sensor is approx. 23.6 x 15.8mm.The Panny 1" is 13.2 x 8.8mm

However, as a holiday camera I'd sacrifice the zoom range and purchase something like a Sony a6000 with its 16-50 kit lens....
StrayCat 16 19.1k 3 Canada
29 Nov 2015 6:23PM
I didn't buy the FZ1000 as a second camera, I was looking for something to give me freedom. I have been out and about far more in the past 6 weeks with this camera than I was over the past year with all that DSLR kit, and my images are at least as good, for far less cash. For a vacation, it depends on the kind of photography one likes to do; this is an excellent camera for candids, long lens, and shooting from the hip.Wink But it isn't going to fit in a pocket.
Chris_L 6 5.5k United Kingdom
29 Nov 2015 6:31PM

Quote:the izoom feature, which gives you 25-800mm f2.8-f4 is so good, I leave it set at that. Because it is optical zoom, it is the same quality as 400mm. I have to switch from RAW to jpeg when I need it, but that's a very quick exercise

It isn't optical zoom. It's doing the cropping for you. In fact it's a digital zoom.
Niknut Plus
10 2.7k 82 United Kingdom
29 Nov 2015 7:48PM

Quote:
Quote:EPZ review confirms this !!.
Nope!

An APSc sensor is approx. 23.6 x 15.8mm.The Panny 1" is 13.2 x 8.8mm

However, as a holiday camera I'd sacrifice the zoom range and purchase something like a Sony a6000 with its 16-50 kit lens....

My comment was merely to confirm that you can extract a single frame from a video sequence.......I was not referring to the sensor size !!!
dcash29 15 2.4k England
29 Nov 2015 7:51PM

Quote:My comment was merely to confirm that you can extract a single frame from a video sequence.......I was not referring to the sensor size !!!
Arrr... I seeWink
29 Nov 2015 9:50PM
Hi,
Still here? If yes - I understood you need a holiday camera. Desirably one not too expensive and fitting if not shirt then hip pocket?
Yes, I can read and see bridge in the thread title. Well, good news for you - you can do the same thing with a camera that is small, real small (see above). The latest pocket -sized superzooms are not less capable than bridges, and anything from Canon/Sony/Panasonic will do. For example Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70. With 30x zoom and even an EVF one can not go wrong taking it on holiday. And it won't break the bank buying it or your back carrying it around.
Cheers!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.