Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 3-Months For FREE!

British Superbikes, Thruxton 13/04/07

Mike Gray 16 382 United Kingdom
2 Apr 2007 9:53AM
Ok the British Superbikes will be at Thruxtom from 13/04/07 and im looking to go on the Friday, so you can go down pit lane etc.
Has anyone been here before to take some images and which are the best places to shot from, maybe a few EPZ members could meet up.

Let me know.
Thanks
Mike
john64 Plus
16 824 England
2 Apr 2007 10:15AM
I may be there for this one Mike, depending on work situation. Not been to Thruxton before so can't advise on best viewpoints.

I was at Donington on Saturday for the World Superbikes qualifying day. May post a couple of shots over the next few days.

I'll post again if I'm ok for 13th.

JC
User_Removed 17 17.9k 8 Norway
2 Apr 2007 10:29AM
On the basis of 'If you don't ask - you won't get' see if you can get onto the balcony of the little Aircraft Control Tower there. (Grease a palm or two with silver perhaps? ;0)

It's not a very big building but it will get you above everything and give you a good view of the pits, the pit straight and the 'S'-bend in front of the right-hand stand.

HTH's...
doug_7 15 482 England
2 Apr 2007 4:30PM
yea the bloke you need to speak to and grease his palm is Mike Otley, forget silver, a nice crisp blueback will do just fine............HA HA HA.

I was at a couple of meets last year and each time they had a film crew on the balcony.
If you are an early bird you can set your pitch against the fence, in front of the tower. You get a clear view of the S bend. Try and get in the corner because other togs will lean over the fence and block your shot. Also look out for press in orange boiler suits who stand between you and the track. Most will move for you but they are there for a reason.
I hope to go but be warned, take your own drinks and grub.
d.
Kris_Dutson 18 8.2k 1 England
2 Apr 2007 4:39PM
What they said. ^ Wink

Hmmm BSB, shall I, shan't I.....?
Mike Gray 16 382 United Kingdom
12 Apr 2007 11:48AM
Bump.
Ok people its tommorrow for the first practice and if anyone else is going will be good to hear or maybe meet up.

Cheers
Mike
john64 Plus
16 824 England
14 Apr 2007 7:08PM
Hope you had a good day yesterday Mike, sorry I couldn't make it.

Let's see something from your day out in the gallery.

JC

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.