Bum Fluff

miyaguchi 9 136 United Kingdom
7 Nov 2010 9:18AM
I want to have an A3 print made from a photo of my daughter, however such an enlargement exaggerates the tiny facial hairs, and she wouldn't thank me for making this general knowledge here on ePz. I have tried cloning, applying textures and high pass filters to disguise/remove with only partial success. - can anyone suggest the best way to remove these using Photoshop without going to the 'plastic' imagery extreme created by Portrait Pro etc?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

collywobles 15 4.0k 10 United Kingdom
7 Nov 2010 9:29AM
Get a copy of TopazAdjust and use the portrait function. Colin
RogBrown 12 3.1k 10 England
7 Nov 2010 9:31AM
A razor? Smile
7 Nov 2010 9:41AM
Roger like your sense of humour - If I could work out how to insert the smiley face I would, although my daughter would probably be in tears.
7 Nov 2010 9:51AM

Quote:If I could work out how to insert the smiley face I would

Just click on one of the smiley faces at the top of the Add a Comment box. It won't appear as a face until you actually add the comment, but will appear as eg. a colon follwed by a bracket.
Alan_Warriner 14 545 England
7 Nov 2010 9:53AM
Try the portrait pro route but on a duplicate layer, then use a layer mask to just apply it where you need to
7 Nov 2010 9:58AM
SmileGrin
Pete_g 14 327 United Kingdom
7 Nov 2010 10:24AM
Not sure if I'm allowed to post links to other pages here or not....but have a look at the following. They might help.

degrunge

soft dior
7 Nov 2010 11:28AM

Quote:Not sure if I'm allowed

Too late if you aren't I've already bookmarked them.

Thanks for these Pete, will need some experimenting with, but the degrunge mentions "little hairs" so will give a try.

K
7 Nov 2010 11:31AM

Quote:Too late if you aren't I've already bookmarked them.

Me too. Had a quick play with Degrunge & it works a treat. Mrs Rog will be delighted - I can get rid of all her wrinkles. Smile
arhb 12 3.4k 68 United Kingdom
7 Nov 2010 12:15PM

Quote:Not sure if I'm allowed to post links to other pages here or not....but have a look at the following. They might help.

degrunge

soft dior

That's a great site Pete, with lots of interesting tutorials - thanks for the link.
Pete_g 14 327 United Kingdom
7 Nov 2010 4:28PM
You're very welcome ... had them bookmarked for a while now....actually I think it was someone on this forum who referred me to them in the first place Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.