Amazon Prime Day 2022 Coming Soon!

Buying a hassle from Warehouse Express

GWS 13 53 Scotland
2 Aug 2009 10:29AM
Has anyone else had major hassle trying to purchase stuff from Warehouse Express ?

I've tried 3 times in recent weeks , and even though I use teh same Credit Card every time I shop online , I get an email back from WE asking me to fax a drivers licence utility bill etc.

What a purlarva !

They say it's for good security , but no-one else goes through this hassle. I shop online every day with the same card and have never come across anything as daft as this.
Tandberg 19 1.2k 2 England
2 Aug 2009 10:45AM
Can you get these hasstle any where else how much are they? Wink

Bought a few things from warehouse express and never ever had an issue.
Must be that every now and then a spanner is throw in the coggs and sadly it happened when you purchased

Just unlucky
But they are fine
Dave
GWS 13 53 Scotland
2 Aug 2009 10:48AM
3 times in a row ??

Bought a lighting set for 600 notes last week , from another supplier as they mucked me about .
I mean , fax a driving licence ????

I'm not exactly new to buying online , through my biz , I spend anything up to 3 grand online every day.
Tandberg 19 1.2k 2 England
2 Aug 2009 10:53AM
what can i say?

Your just unlucky Wink
GWS 13 53 Scotland
2 Aug 2009 10:55AM
Maybe , but they'll not be getting any of my doobies .
Next buy is a new camera too.... but not from WE.

I'll still get my new gear , but they'll no' get the sale lol
Carabosse Plus
19 42.4k 270 England
2 Aug 2009 10:59AM
Never had the slightest problem with WE. It is possible your card has been marked so to speak, Grahame (credit card that is).
stolzy 16 3.8k 7
2 Aug 2009 11:21AM

Quote:I spend anything up to 3 grand online every day.

You spend a million a year online? What on earth are you buying Lear jets?
chris.maddock 21 3.7k United Kingdom
2 Aug 2009 11:33AM

Quote:Quote:I spend anything up to 3 grand online every day.
You spend a million a year online? What on earth are you buying Lear jets?

One piece at a time?

Wink
GWS 13 53 Scotland
2 Aug 2009 11:43AM
lol , no , I wish , I run a computer shop and buy all my stock , parts , ink etc online .
Same card is ok everywhere else.
cameracat 18 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
2 Aug 2009 11:46AM
Been dealing with Warehouse Express for over 10 years, Never had issues like this.....Wink

Perhaps its time to talk to your card provider....!!!
GWS 13 53 Scotland
2 Aug 2009 11:50AM
Why ?
The card is fine everywhere else I use it.
Like I say this week , tried to buy a studio lighting set... same hassle , went direct to Lencarta... ordered , paid for with same card , kit here and up already .
Carabosse Plus
19 42.4k 270 England
2 Aug 2009 12:02PM
Do you have another card you can try?

I keep one of my two credit cards purely for use on the web.
GWS 13 53 Scotland
2 Aug 2009 12:07PM
I do , not a preffered card though. Just very off puting when I know the details are right , and all other shops are fine with it.
brian1208 19 11.8k 12 United Kingdom
2 Aug 2009 12:20PM
have you talked to WE about this to see if they have a reason for the extra checks? (Maybe their card security checks are showing a problem which isn't apparent on the other suppliers?)

Like the others, I've never come across this problem with them
User_Removed 12 718 9 England
2 Aug 2009 1:09PM
always thought WE provided exceptional service, and would prefer dealing with them as opposed to the spotty herbets you get in Jessops, the moment you ask one of those a simple question they put that silly confused look on thier face, as if you have just asked if you could have something for free.
Its weird about your card though, id take it up with your credit card provider. Id advise against fax'ing any formal ID however, only on the basis of fraud prevention. Have you looked through your statements recently to check that your not a victim of CC fraud? I hope not but in this day and age its very likely.
Alison H

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.