Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Buying from Ebuyer.com

Tom_Charles 16 279
21 Nov 2004 6:10AM
What i find most annoying is that in order to contact this company with a query, before placing an order, you need to have an account with them; well before you can use their enotes system.

Im not even sure they want that phone number to be used. Im sure i got a mail off them recently saying all telephone support was ending and that contact could only be made via the enote arrangement.

Tom
Carabosse 18 41.5k 270 England
21 Nov 2004 6:14AM
I believe their MD is Mike Naylor and that his email address is:

mnaylor@ebuyer.com

Could be worth a shot if all else fails! Wink
Tom_Charles 16 279
21 Nov 2004 6:21AM
To arrange for an afternoons golf, CB?.....lol

Tom
21 Nov 2004 6:23AM
No, just to give him a bit of electronic hassle!!

If you have a problem - go to the organ grinder if the monkeys can't help!! Wink

I expect with these cheapo retailers, the MD helps out with the packing in busy times. LMAO!! Grin
agoreira 17 6.0k Wales
21 Nov 2004 6:25AM
"And remember folks - Mike Naylor, friendly Ebuyer Director can(t) be reached on:

0870 4675012 or mnaylor@ebuyer.com"
BOB S 18 2.6k
21 Nov 2004 6:54AM
Nice one guys - now you have busted his cover, in public, so to speak how long do you think it will take for him to change these details ?

A bit more discretion might have allowed people to have used this information to better effect I think !!

BOB
21 Nov 2004 7:28AM
Oh that's OK, we can always "send the boys around"!!

Any volunteers in the Sheffield area??

Hee hee!! Grin
agoreira 17 6.0k Wales
21 Nov 2004 8:32AM
"Nice one guys - now you have busted his cover, in public, so to speak how long do you think it will take for him to change these details ?
A bit more discretion might have allowed people to have used this information to better effect I think !!"

A bit more reading of the thread, would have revealed that it is, and has been for a long time, emblazoned on other websites. Wink Where do you think we got it from? In case you missed it, it was in my first reply yesterday, and I'm not sure how long it has been on that site. They've had that much bad press, it's not exactly a secret. Not that I imagine that number is live. He was happy to leave it here as long ago as 2002, http://www.mailgate.org.uk/uk/uk.comp.vendors/msg23389.html
Hardly busting his cover!

Frank
21 Nov 2004 8:59AM
Friends in the US tell me how amazingly easy it is to pick up the phone and speak to the Chief Exec of even large corporations, especially if you have a complaint. The CEO's want to hear about these things from the "horse's" mouth and not filtered by their minions.

If Mr Naylor has any (business) sense he will feel the same.
mogwyth 16 358
21 Nov 2004 1:29PM
Just a small point on warranties. When you purchase an item your contract is with the vendor not the manufacturer unless the vendor is acting on behalf of the manufacurer. This means that whether the item is a grey import or not you have the same full rights under the Sale of Goods act.

More info here
Just Jas 19 26.3k 1 England
21 Nov 2004 1:47PM
Quite so, but in turn, the manufacturer has similar responsibilty towards the vendor.

jas
karl Plus
17 654 United Kingdom
22 Nov 2004 3:10AM
Having spent at least 25k with eBuyer over the past couple of years, I think we've had only one or two problems with them, even then, not major ones. I ordered my 300D from them a couple of weeks back, came when it said it would, came with everything it said it would and wasn't an Import job either. The problem at the moment, is that like so many companies, they are a victim of their own success, they have too much business to cope with on their current staffing levels - It inevitably happens to all companies at some stage.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.