Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Buying Willie's Chocolate

kit-monster 11 3.7k 2 Singapore
9 Mar 2008 10:28PM
I'm as much a foodie as a photographer - anyone who's met me can tell I like my food! Anyway, just been watching Willie's Wonky Chocolate Factory on channel4 and just spent 30 mins googling for his chocolate bars / blocks. And I can't find them on-line anywhere. I hope the series doesn't end with him going bust. Anyone else tried to find them / had any luck?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw 10 13.4k 28 Wales
9 Mar 2008 10:33PM
I am watching it as well.
But haven't tried google it
climbing_orchid 10 321 1 United Kingdom
9 Mar 2008 10:36PM
It says on the channel 4 website that he's marketing it in Selfridges - might be worth a lookie - I'm in London next weekend for the Orchid Show so may pop over and indulge although I don't think I want to pay selfridges prices!!!

Liz x
MeanGreeny 9 3.7k England
9 Mar 2008 11:04PM
Was listening to the Food Programme on R4 a while back. Did you know that 99.9999% etc of the worlds chocolate is made by 3 companies and it's from these 3 that Cadburys, Galaxy, Thorntons etc buy their raw material from.

I forget the name of the company that has Europe sewn up, but they have a range of hundreds of 'chocolate tastes' made to a recipe but the huge majority of their sales in Europe are just 2 recipes - one milk, one dark - which the manufacturer i.e. Cadburys just adds the nuts to etc.

Bottom line is, most chocolate in Europe tastes fundamentally the same - people are just too dumb to realise they're being had when they pay premium prices for certain brands Smile

Just about the only successful, independent chocolate maker in Europe is some family outfit in Italy which has been doing what Wonky Willy is trying to do for some considerable time.
9 Mar 2008 11:20PM
His choccy was on sale in Selfridge's in Brum at yje weekend.
janetsara 7 1
10 Mar 2008 12:02AM
Hi, you can find Willy's choc here
http://www.venezuelanblack.com/
: )
rusty78 7 1
10 Mar 2008 12:33AM
you can buy willie's chocolate online at www.venezuelan-black.co.uk if they have any in stock as it's in popular demand, hope that helps
riprap007 10 1.6k 37 England
10 Mar 2008 8:26AM
Valour Chocolate is some of the best I've had, wonderful caramelly taste
10 Mar 2008 8:29AM
There is nothing that the website except some photos...lol
sherlob Plus
9 2.6k 126 United Kingdom
10 Mar 2008 8:45AM
I must be missing something - I thought willie wonkas was a fiction???
10 Mar 2008 8:47AM
Not now....Smile
Kris_Dutson 12 8.2k 1 England
10 Mar 2008 8:50AM

Quote:You can buy willie's chocolate online at www.venezuelan-black.co.uk

Lol - Venezuelan black; are you sure it's chocolate...?

Wink
10 Mar 2008 9:17AM
thanks for the links - I tried both last night and the servers / websites were down. I had a horrible feeling that he'd gone out of business - now turns out that the site was down due to traffic levels and he's sold out of everything on-line. Selfridge's don't do on-line - how old fashioned! I'm tempted to buy on-line when he's selling again - I admire his drive for perfection.

I remember listening to the food program when it was on the radio. When the film chocolate came out, I tried researching cacao beans and found it impossible to buy anywhere. Seemed strange at the time that a raw ingredient for something we eat so much of wasn't available - imagine if it was the same for coffee - you could only buy instant and not the beans. Anything from Cadburys gives me an instant headache so I stick and actually prefer anything over 70%. I've always used chocolate in cooking especially chilli dishes.
BOB S 13 2.6k
10 Mar 2008 10:37AM
Ed,

Have a look here [link=null]http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/[/link]

BOB
10 Mar 2008 11:00AM
Thanks Bob . . . that'll be a quarter of rosy apples, pineapple cubes, pear drops and a packet of space dust!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.