Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Calendar Binding

Hannahs_Pics 16 37 England
14 Nov 2005 6:10AM
I know many of you make your own calendars and wondered if you could help with my problem?

I have created a calendar for 2006, it is A4 and would need binding on the short side. I have called a few places but I can't find anywhere which can bind it for me with the thumb hole and hook.

I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere where I could get this done? I live in the Northampton Area by the way.

Thanks
timsmith 16 3 United Kingdom
14 Nov 2005 8:14AM
Have you tried staples of office world?
loweswood 16 317 England
14 Nov 2005 12:49PM
do you have a prontaprint or any similar copy shop. Best bet is if you know anyone in a large office.
15 Nov 2005 2:22AM
Thanks for you help, I've tried a couple of the places mentioned and although they do the wire binding they don't do it with the hole for calendars - maybe I will have to rethink my presentation?
SteveGarratt 16 29 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2005 3:03AM
Hi Hannah

I live in Northants too and have to say, I have not found anywhere that does just the binding and hangers.

A couple of years ago I output my calendar to pdf and had it printed by Sanders & Co (UK) Ltd on Wellingborough road (01604 630195) and they then bound it and put in the cut out and hangers. They were very good as it happens. I only had 12 done and they did them in a couple of days. Cost was the same as doing it myself. Might be worth seeing if they will just do the binding for you. They are a small family run business so a bit more flexible.

However last year, I did it myself again as I wanted A4 sheets but printed both sides so it hangs as A3 with the binder in the middle (if you see what I mean).
Fortunately, we have a wire binder at work, but not cut out punch. So I just marked out carfully and used a single hole punch to put holes at the top of the sheets.

I have also done this with a full size A3 and had the hole just under the wire binder which works just fine though obviously not quite as professional as a proper binder.
But people should be looking at the photos anyway.

Hope this helps.

Steve
ngeeves 18 118 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2005 4:33AM
Hi Hannah,

If you feel like doing it yourself you can buy a wirebinder and hole punch from here Binder this is what I plan to do myself although not the cheapest of items to buy.

Regards

Nick.
SteveGarratt 16 29 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2005 4:48AM
Hannah

If you buy one of those binders Nick suggests, can I borrow it?

Smile

Steve
15 Nov 2005 5:42AM
I had looked at buying one, but the cost is a little prohibitive! You can get just the thumb hole cutter (about 100) it you have access to the "right" wire binder, but we only have a plastic binder at work!
conrad 17 10.9k 116
15 Nov 2005 6:05AM
How about something like this - they come up when you google "calendar binding service".

Conrad
Henchard 16 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2005 6:31AM
Not sure if I should post here (is this advertising moderator?). I can print and wiro bind calendars with hangers and cutout etc. minimum quantities of 10. Email me via my profile for more info.
digicammad 18 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2005 6:34AM
It is advertising in the strictest sense, but as it is answering a direct question I think we'll let you get away with it. :0)

Ian

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.