90% Off inPixio Photo Studio 10 Ultimate Software Bundle

Calibrating a monitor/printer!

jclaydon1 13 20 1 United Kingdom
1 Jul 2008 2:16PM
I use a mac and i am having a big problem trying to get a printout of a image i am seeing on the screen, i wonder if anyone who has bought a system like a huey or the other brand that slips my mind can share their experience? i have tried getting the printer to take control of the settings and letting photoshop manage it, somethings seem to print out ok others come out really muddy and lack of detail. any advice gratefully received

Julie
User_Removed 17 17.9k 8 Norway
1 Jul 2008 3:51PM
This has all been covered SO many times Julie... Sad

This will sort you out - failing that, try a search on the Forums link Wink
1 Jul 2008 5:53PM

Quote:This has all been covered SO many times Julie... Sad
Sorry, that is mind boggling lol am i being told off ......its ok i can take it Mike there is no easy way then?
This will sort you out - failing that, try a search on the Forums link Wink

User_Removed 16 239 7 England
1 Jul 2008 9:35PM
julie i have a mac & went on the recent colourconfidence seminar in london because i have failed to nail printing to my satisfaction relying on my somewhat arrogant notion that i know! well though i am sure the seminar was a vehicle promoting proprietary colour calibration solutions it confirmed my fears that you need a good device to calibrate all your devices in conjunction with post printing soft proofing in photoshop or in lightroom or aperture working in a space that highlights over dark over white areas. i am just waiting to buy a colour munki (this side of £400) since i am certain its what i need.

i can also direct you too the luminous lansdcape sight that has a $25 video easily downloaded that helps confirm my point though beware its a bit laid back & doesn't really nail it for me though it was helpful.

you could of course get prints done elsewhere but even then you need be aware of colour space & gamma black point & highlights to totally master getting a file that will print to your satisfaction.

pm me if you want more help i will try if i can to direct you.

gerry
1 Jul 2008 9:38PM
Did you actually try my link Julie..??

Smile
1 Jul 2008 9:45PM

Quote:Did you actually try my link Julie..??

Smile

Yes as i say mind boggling!!! Its all a bit much to take in, i was hoping for a quick fix

Kind Regards

Julie
1 Jul 2008 11:06PM
Ah!...

Well...

NOW you know there ain't!

Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.