Save An Extra 15% On All Regatta Clearance Jackets & Coats use code: JACKET15

Calling all South East England photographers

Juliee 14 382 4 England
1 Jan 2011 10:18PM
As we're starting a New Year I thought I'd start a discussion on ideas for meets in the South East.
Then, hopefully, we can organise a few more this year.

I know my Favourite meets of last year were;

St Leonards Forest, Horsham (now seems to be becoming an annual event Smile)
Devils Dyke sunset meet
Bodiam sunrise meet
Shoreham - Lancing college
Adur sunset meet
and the Brighton one camera one lens a few years ago was fun

I'm happy to organise repeats of any of the above if there's interest. Any other ideas to add?
Any different subject matter?

I'll PM all the regulars.
Anyone from the area, never joined a meet before, but interested?
wicksy 15 79 United Kingdom
1 Jan 2011 10:46PM
Great idea. I would be up for a meet, not managed to go on one yet so would like opportunity to get out and do something different. I am based in Tunbridge Wells so any of the above would be managable for me. To be honest sundays are pretty much impossible so a saturday would be my preference.
Chris
Juliee 14 382 4 England
1 Jan 2011 10:56PM
Hi Chris,

We've seem to have done Saturdays, Sundays or Bank holiday Mondays in the past. We've just gone with the majority.
Anywhere interesting near Tunbridge Wells?
steve_eb Plus
12 372 9 United Kingdom
1 Jan 2011 11:14PM
Got your message Julie ta for that, am off out tomorrow to a couple of Windmills in Bucks near Aylesbury.

Will chuck in a few thoughts too, my favs from last year

Dungeness, Kent
Cuckmere Haven, Kent
Hastings,

want to do the Jurassic coast this year too!

Hope your New Year was good and the red didnt get you back too much this morning....lol
Sezz 16 619 15 England
1 Jan 2011 11:23PM
Thanks Julie - a good idea, I'll have a think ...
Anywhere by the coast would make me happy too or a castle Wink

Sarah x
geoffash26 17 2.5k United Kingdom
1 Jan 2011 11:44PM
Weather looks good for tomorrowGrin Any ideas or takers? Short notice but I'm sure I can arrange some bacon butties
dwilkin 14 24.3k United Kingdom
2 Jan 2011 12:11AM

Quote:want to do the Jurassic coast this year too!

Me too, but how to get there?

Dungeness, ditto... The Stade, at Hastings could be a good one, though! I'll have a bit of a think on some more ideas...
Juliee 14 382 4 England
2 Jan 2011 12:18AM
Blimey geofflash, you don't waste time do you! Grin

Steve - I'd be up for Cuckmere and Dungeness at some point. No red wine last night, we went all Caribbean and cracked open the rum.

Sarah - Definitely some beaches need to feature.

I'm thinking of maybe starting a South East group thing, so we can keep track of ideas etc, not quite sure how the group thing works yet though, so will look into it.
Juliee 14 382 4 England
2 Jan 2011 12:24AM
The Jurassic coast is lovely, but I think only bionic Steve could manage a 3-4 hr drive before a sunrise meet!
I'd probably take a wrong turning and end up in Snowdonia....
geoffash26 17 2.5k United Kingdom
2 Jan 2011 12:35AM
hellingly asylum

here
Juliee 14 382 4 England
2 Jan 2011 12:47AM
Ooh that looks a bit different!
D'you know how easy it is to get into?
Snapper 16 4.5k 3 United States Outlying Islands
2 Jan 2011 1:14AM

Quote:Hellingly asylum

here

Architect: George Thomas Hine FRIBA, Consultant architect to the Commisioners in Lunacy Now that's what I call a job title!Wink
JJGEE 16 7.9k 18 England
2 Jan 2011 9:00AM
Good morning everyone and Happy New Year.

As I have done so in the past I would be prepared to organise some as well.... only if that is OK with you Julie.

Tunbridge Wells area there is not too far away Scotney Castle, but it is National Trust Sad and just a little further Southwards is Bedgebury National Pinetum

Which brings me quite nicely to Wakehurst Place, but of course I am extremely biased towards that location Wink

Brighton Kite Festival in Stanmer Park ( 28 / 29 May 2011 - PROVISIONAL )

Bluebell Railway

Bluebell Woods at Angmering Estate, near Arundel, ( This I guess would have to be a short notice event depending on the state of the bluebells ) a full day with a stop off for a pub lunch.

Bosham, Chichester area.

Perhaps we could come up with some "event" type meets like they have at Parham House, Cowdray estate, Downlands Museum etc. something similar to which Sarah ( Sezz ) attends at the Hop Farm.

May have a few more ideas but have to go now, my nieces 18th birthday meal at lunchtime today so have to get ready and drive down there.

Good luck with the idea Julie, hope you get loads of interest and some nice days out this year Smile

Jeff
Juliee 14 382 4 England
2 Jan 2011 9:51AM
Hi Jeff,
Some nice ideas. I especially like the sound of Angmering bluebell woods and Bosham could be good for a day out too.
Also events are a good idea. The Hurstmonceux medieval day springs to mind!

It'd be good if everyone mucks in to organise, we seem to have developed an unofficial rota system for organising the Sussex meets, hopefully we can expand on that!

Also some will have to be short notice so it'd be good to know in advance who's interested in what.
JJGEE 16 7.9k 18 England
2 Jan 2011 6:42PM
Julie,
Herstmonceux Medieval Event 2011

The dates are during the school summer holidays over the August Bank Holiday week-end so not sure how much interest there would be.

If we decided to "go for it" fairly soon people may be able to schedule it into their plans ( obviously not alter already arranged holidays ! ! )

Jeff

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.