Want to sell your photos? Get Started!

Camcorder

20 May 2019 9:04PM
Hi my name's im 41 from north wales. My brother bought me a basic camcorder but i don't know how to use it, how to get bokeh, long/short exposures, depth of field. Here is the link to where he bought the camcorder, https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07L4RVRRT?pf_rd_p=330fbd82-d4fe-42e5-9c16-d4b886747c64&pf_rd_r=7MHG7C2YVQFMXWYYTDYA

I am going to an airshow in September and will want to film the airshow, what is the video/image quality like? I know it's a digital zoom, is that good or bad? I also have a Canon S120 camera which takes videos, should i film the airshow using the canon instead? If so, Why?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tianshi_angie 4 2.4k England
21 May 2019 11:31AM
The fact that Amazon call this a vlogging camera should give you an answer. A vlogging camera will be sat on a tripod focussed on a very limited range and really only for the purpose of giving a broadcast of a craft, an idea, a hobby etc. I would practice now with the Canon and see how that goes - the fact that it has the ability to focus at different lengths and be moved should help enormously with the air show - but practice now - and read the manual!
21 May 2019 11:58AM
What??
21 May 2019 1:55PM
Vlogging is what YouTube videos are. A static camera recording someone's voice and movements.
21 May 2019 4:29PM
So is my camcorder any good for filming outside/ an airshow?
21 May 2019 4:40PM
No - not as good as your Canon. It probably will not zoom in, probably not keep in focus as an aeroplane moves so focussing is going to be difficult.
21 May 2019 5:47PM
Ok so I'm to use canon? What do I do/use the camcorder for?
chavender Plus
8 362 1 France
21 May 2019 7:03PM

Quote:Ok so I'm to use canon? What do I do/use the camcorder for?

Vlogging?
Fma7 4 927 United Kingdom
21 May 2019 7:20PM

Quote:Vlogging is what YouTube videos are. A static camera recording someone's voice and movements.

I thought it was virtual tree felling
21 May 2019 8:08PM
ok so can you help me with filming using the Canon s120 please?
justin c 15 5.0k 36 England
21 May 2019 10:53PM
Why not read the instruction manual?That'll tell you exactly how to use it.
22 May 2019 9:23AM
We all have to start somewhere and usually that is with 1. read the manual, 2. try to put into practice what you have read, 3. review what you have done and check with the manual to see where you went wrong, 4 try again until your comfortable with what you have got. All cameras are different and their functions vary, so someone on here would have to have exactly the same camera as you to be able to tell you what to do - but that will be written down much as it is in the manual!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.