PortraitPro Flash Sale - 50% Off + Get An Extra 20% Off with Code: EZ89

Camera Clubs

randomrubble 15 3.0k 12 United Kingdom
21 Nov 2006 9:57PM
The age thing with clubs is a worry but remember it will come to you, eventually!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

stevekhart 14 4.5k 3 United Kingdom
21 Nov 2006 10:01PM
Shame they won't come down to me, I've got to age to them! I guess it's an institution you grow into Wink
Just Jas Plus
18 26.3k 1 England
21 Nov 2006 10:09PM

Quote:I guess it's an institution you grow into Wink

Or an institution you are put into? LOL !
Sus 15 3.2k 9 England
21 Nov 2006 11:54PM
I think though Steve that it is fair to say it's worth giving it a fair crack of the whip, as you say, it is daft making a decision NOT to give it at least a try based on the judgement of other people at other clubs. Nothing to lose.
peterjones 18 5.0k 1 United Kingdom
22 Nov 2006 10:26AM
A word re my own club: Amersham PS ; we have a great cross section not only of age but also a good percentage of ladies.

A massive variety of work is produced by members; we jettisoned anachronistic subjects a long time ago; a thriving Digital Group, 2 Mono groups, a Nature group, we often go out on outings; like epz I tried to lose a load of them in Burnham Beeches a few days ago and failed Smile

Perhaps the downside to some is that the club is furiously competitive with other clubs but from my point of view it keeps one's own printing sharp, top notch and on the ball.

We get good speakers; Charlie Waite is coming to speak to us and if anyone here wants details please PM me.

Rgds. Peter.
Flashman 18 156
22 Nov 2006 10:38PM
I used to go to the local club, we had a competition on the local area. I was judged 1st, 2nd and 4th or HC, I was suprised as the images were average, I only entered that amount because the Chairman was banging on about the lack of support on in house competitions, one person entered a picture taken in 1972, I walked out before being pushed out in a wheelchair, never again, but at the end of the day its what the individual wants from it, give it a go and see, but I just got fed up each week looking and listening to guest speakers talking about their trip to India or the Grand Canyon, holiday snaps really.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.