Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Camera Insurance

14 Jun 2018 9:22AM
Hey Photographers of Ephotozine

I'm currently a student in my third year of university, I will shortly be going out to work as an event photographer for a few hours a week

I'm looking to insure my camera and equipment up to 4000, Im looking for an insurance that covers Loss, Theft and accidental Damages but also Covers up to 1 million pound in public Liability

Can anyone recommend a good value insurance that covers all of this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sausage Plus
14 524 United Kingdom
14 Jun 2018 9:32AM
I can't recommend any particular insurance companies because I've never had to make a claim - that's when you find out what they are like.

You may need to up the Public Liability - a lot of venus/companies specify at least 5 million.
thewilliam2 1 949
14 Jun 2018 10:26AM
I've been with Towergate (in its various incarnations) for something over 30 years and my one claim was handled well.

There was one insurance broker, highly recommended by a major professional association, that went bust and turned out that they hadn't been paying the premiums to any underwriter. Beware!

Agree that you'll need 5 million of PL cover. Many venues ask to see the paperwork.
Chris_L Plus
4 4.8k United Kingdom
14 Jun 2018 1:38PM
Sausage makes the point I was about to you.

You will see recommends from people saying how good their insurance is, how it covers so much stuff, how much cheaper they are than XYZ - but many will have never made a claim.

They've ordered a meal, they like the sound of it, they like the price, but, they've yet to taste it - but they are already recommending the restaurant!
dark_lord Plus
14 2.2k 547 England
14 Jun 2018 7:32PM
Try Glover & Howe.
Yes I have made a claim (mentioned it in a forum topic last week) with no hassle though it was a few years ago.
LenShepherd 10 3.7k United Kingdom
15 Jun 2018 10:05PM
Do not expect change out of 400 for decent insurance to meet your needs.
peterjones Plus
16 4.8k 1 United Kingdom
16 Jun 2018 12:23AM
Aaduki have a good reputation within our trade and they are good at settling claims.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.