Save & earn with MPB; trade-in and buy pre-loved

camera support

manorjim 15 5 United Kingdom
27 Nov 2011 7:59PM
just come back from birding,see a few people with a camera support on a tripod,looks like a large "u" piece,does anyone know what or where i can get one
coliwolii 13 69 United Kingdom
27 Nov 2011 9:03PM
Could it be a gimbal?

User_Removed 13 4.6k 1 Scotland
27 Nov 2011 9:15PM
It would be a gimbal. Very expensive but a great aid to stability with a 600mm f/4 lens or suchlike. Might ask Santa for one.
justin c 19 5.2k 36 England
27 Nov 2011 10:06PM
Is it one of these Manfrotto 393
User_Removed 13 4.6k 1 Scotland
27 Nov 2011 10:33PM
Maybe more likely to be one of these.
KONIN 12 254 England
28 Nov 2011 6:50AM
hi ,the u shaped gimble was on display and getting a lot of attention at the recent LCE event in licoln and i think the man said it was about £170.00 and that compared to others it was a vary good price.looked a very sturdy bit of kit,stu
KenTaylor 18 3.1k 2 United Kingdom
28 Nov 2011 12:07PM
They are expensive but solid and often used with scopes in birdwatching. Lots of different models out there used locked onto a spot for long periods.
A hide near me had one for all to use on its own tripod, very old and weighed a ton,
Getting it there was a feat in itself Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.