Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

cameras you were fond of

camera you were fond of now fit to be a paperweight

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

11 Sep 2017 7:50PM
My second ever camera - a Kodak Instamatic 100....a leap up from the Brownie 127 (which took some great B & W shots, and got me into developing and printing my own..).

127 film is still around - though rare - but I believe the Instamatic cartridges are well gone, along with its "flashcubes" so this qualifies as a paperweight...!

Every film camera since is still useable (35mm and 120) so no paperweight duties yet..Smile

collywobles 14 4.0k 10 United Kingdom
11 Sep 2017 9:02PM
Carl Zeiss Werra Mat 35mm Camera this was my first serious camera after a Brownie in about 1957

18341_1505160145.jpg

pink 15 5.3k 7 United Kingdom
11 Sep 2017 9:30PM
Also my second camera, a Minolta X700, beautifully compact in size and a superb metering system, still works but is mostly an ornament, sad really.
JJGEE 13 7.2k 18 England
11 Sep 2017 10:03PM
Olympus OM4Ti
StrayCat 14 19.1k 3 Canada
12 Sep 2017 12:36AM
Nikon D70.
seahawk 11 1.2k United Kingdom
12 Sep 2017 9:51AM
My last film camera, a Canon EOS 1000fN - wonderful little machine. I still have it but it lives in a box now. Also my recent Nikon D7000; I PX'ed it for a Panasonic G80 + lenses for reduced weight. I loved the Nikon but it was getting too heavy for long Alpine walks. Still getting used to the G80 but so far I'm impressed.
timbo 15 596 United Kingdom
12 Sep 2017 2:05PM
Olympus om1. still own it and would never sell it although it hasn't seen a roll of film for several years now.
I once had a twin lens reflex Yashicamat. It had a great lens and some of my best film images were captured with it. I part exchanged it for a Practika Nova - big mistake.
I had an OM1. A delight to use, everything felt silky smooth, the film wind on lever was effortlessl as was the shutter release. Totally over engineered. The 50mm f1.8 Zuiko lens was the same, manual focus was sublime, and razor sharp.
Cheers
Alan
RobboB Plus
11 132 United Kingdom
12 Sep 2017 8:02PM
Yashica FXD Quartz. My first serious 35mm. It's an ornament now.
AlexE 1 122 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2017 3:28PM
Samsung ST66. All in all, scrap camera, but I loved it while I used it...

Alex
Andy80F 15 327 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2017 5:32PM
Canon T90, still got it and still use it.
altitude50 14 12.4k United Kingdom
13 Sep 2017 6:18PM
Canon AE-1 - feels right in the hand, everything where it should be. Took it to the Arctic in winter and it performed faultlessly with no special preparation. Still have it, works well and I will never sell it because my brother bought it new when it first came on the market. He died, too young, in 1978.
ChrisV Plus
11 2.2k 26 United Kingdom
14 Sep 2017 11:37AM
I'm currently using a Dynax 7000i I've been loaned. I'm actually on a second [new!] roll of film as the one that was in the camera came out a bit... rosy. It had been in the camera for god knows how many years. I had it developed and scanned to disc which taught me I need to scan the next one in myself at more than the paltry 6mp that Max Spielmann still uses.

I had wanted to shoot some film with a fully manual camera, but the Voigtalnder I'd bought in a charity shop turned out to be completely kaput. This Minolta doesn't really fulfil that criteria because it's remarkably [for its vintage] virtually auto-everything. I've not used the P mode but shot mainly in aperture priority. I'm wondering what sort of effective resolution and dynamic range I'll get out of it. It's quite a nice feeling camera and a lot of [mostly young!] people seem to think it's 'cool'. I wonder if there's some sort of equivalent of a 'vinyl' revival' thing going on at present with film? Seems to be news of certain film stocks being brought back into production...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.