Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Can anyone advise an ISP provider....

Zatoichi 12 707 United Kingdom
15 May 2011 2:32PM
I use ADSL24, a UK provider with the customer services based in Manchester. They are excellent. I haven't had any disconnections or speed drops in the 5 years I've been with them. If there is going to be a problem eg. an upgrade, they phone you to warn you before hand.

You can run a speed test online which also advises you of the packages available. They don't over subscribe, hence consistent speeds. Well worth checking out.

http://adsl24.co.uk/
Debbiee 14 136 6 United Kingdom
15 May 2011 6:17PM
your all lucky you get to choose your isp Smile where I live we have kingston communications and no other companies are able to operate in the city because KC charge them to much in line rental and with internet speeds like this its so frustrating. Sad

speed-test.jpg
tomcat 15 6.4k 15 United Kingdom
15 May 2011 6:42PM
If I were you Debbie, I would be lambasting my local MP, etc; etc.

It just is not good enough in today's world

I know they were the bees knees at one time, with free local calls etc; but they need to enter the real world

Adrian
15 May 2011 6:58PM
There is this , but it isn't cheap

Just Bing'd the issue & it is awful.

No wonder some of the mobile BB packages are so popular there
Debbiee 14 136 6 United Kingdom
15 May 2011 8:19PM
Thanks Tomcat didn't know about Hull broadband, don't think we can stretch to 45 a month and 150 installation for it though, so were stuck with KC for the time being. These companies do pop up every now and then but because of KC's line rental they have to charge double sometimes treble the amount other braodband suppliers charge and they generally don't last long. Although there is talk about fibre optic companies coming into Hull who won't need to use KC's lines. Hopefully that'll happen sooner rather then later.
15 May 2011 8:49PM
Best of luck DebbieGrin

In the meantime, fire a few letters/e-mails off to Ofcom

Nowt to lose
Photogeek 16 605 6 Wales
16 May 2011 9:49AM
Good thing about living in Blackpool is Virgin use us for testing hardware upgrades so we are often presented with speeds like this

speedtest.jpg

Wink

If I had to go back to BT (Which will cost me a 150 quid reconnection fee) then Plus. Net will be my ISP of choice.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.