PortraitPro Flash Sale - 50% Off + Get An Extra 20% Off with Code: EZ89

Can Anyone RECOMMEND A Wedding Photographer?

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : Original Question Answered - Thanks

User_Removed 16 3.3k Russian Federation
18 Jan 2006 3:24AM
Started my own thread so as not to crash the other one that's been started recently... I'm also in the market for a wedding photographer, and while I'm happy to make the decision myself, I was just wondering if anyone knew of a North-East based photographer that they'd be happy to recommend?

If you can, let me know... If not, then I'll go through my shortlist and meet up with a few of them.

Cheers in advance,
JB

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

debbiehardy 16 363 United Kingdom
18 Jan 2006 4:14AM
As mentioned before, have a look at the SWPP website - there are links to members websites so you can check them out and then make your own decisions. Personally I think it's really important to get on with your photographer...they can make or break your day. Also, make sure that the person you're talking to will be taking the photos and isn't just a good salesman! Good Luck - Debbie.
andytvcams 17 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
18 Jan 2006 4:26AM
When is the big day?
18 Jan 2006 4:31AM
Not 100% sure yet. Probably September, but Helen's just found out that our first choice venue is free on 7th April! We're off to see the priest tonight...

Based on that, I figured I'd better start trying to source someone to take the pics! I was going to ask Keith, but then I found out how much he charges! ;o)
18 Jan 2006 4:33AM
Also try The Master Photographers Association website. All photographers listed are qualified professional photographers who's work has been evaluated and approved by the Association.

Debbie makes a good point. Always meet the photographer prior to you booking - and check out their work...making sure its the work of the photographer you are going to get on the day.

As for recommendation, try Peter Prior. He's based in the south, but I believe he does do weddings around the UK.
18 Jan 2006 4:37AM
Cheers Dave and Debbie, I'll check those links out too.
EnigmaPhoto 15 487 United Kingdom
18 Jan 2006 4:38AM
Well although I live in London, I'm regularly in the North East, as my family all live in Sunny Sunderland.

I haven't had a chance to update my web-site (must do it... must do it!!!), but have a look and see what you think.

Best thing is, since I visit the North East anyway, there wouldn't be any travel expenses!

Have a look and get back to me (see profile for web-site).

Dean
UserDeleted 17 3.6k
18 Jan 2006 4:50AM
I'll pop another few names in the hat...

Andrea Barrett
Dave Murrey

Peter is excellent but based in Eastbourne.

April 7th may be pretty short notice for anyone let alone some of the "names"

Mike.
18 Jan 2006 4:56AM
Dave Murray - talented & versatile chap.

Photographer and guitarist of Iron Maiden! Wink
18 Jan 2006 4:58AM
Thanks Dean and Mike.

Mike - I figured 7th would be short notice, hence me making a list of possibles, and I reckon that one way or another I'll be able to sort something out. Nothing's for definite anyway until we've sorted the church. Once/if we arrange that tonight - that's when I'll start panicking! ;o)
18 Jan 2006 5:26AM
Out of interest, where is the venue you are visiting tonight? I'll probably know it!
18 Jan 2006 5:31AM
Its Holy Trinity church in Pelton (between Chester-le-street and Stanley). The reception's going to be at Durham Castle.
18 Jan 2006 6:04AM
I've been to Pelton, but don't know the church.

I do however, know Durham Castle..... VERY VERY nice, and a very photogenic area too. Should be great for some photographs.
UserRemoved 16 4.2k
18 Jan 2006 6:30AM
I think James probably wanted you to RECOMMEND someone other than yourself.

Also having had previous discussions with James, he probably wants a professional with experience who knows what they are doing.

It is his (and more importantly his missus') big day.

I know a couple of guys from the NE but they are press and studio photogs and from the last time I was out with a pint with them, they hated weddings Wink

I'd say the MPA is a good bet, the SWPP (much to my chagrin although they are trying to clean up their act) allow any weekend warrior in.

And before anyone gets on their high horse, I've spent the last 3 days trying to 'rescue' shots from a friends wedding that were taken by someone who did weddings 'as a hobby'. FFS!
18 Jan 2006 6:50AM

Quote:I think James probably wanted you to RECOMMEND someone other than yourself.

Also having had previous discussions with James, he probably wants a professional with experience who knows what they are doing.

I'm sorry Joefox. Again you astound me with your arrogance. And not for the first time.

How do you know whether I have experience or not. You really should take a course in tact and diplomacy. FFS!

I've previously spent about 6 months with another photographer, had training prior to that with another wedding photographer (who also posts on this site), and taken photo's at about another 15 weddings solo to that.

Joe... you aren't the only wedding photographer in the world, and with that attitude, I'm surprised you even get clients.

I'm not going to turn this into a slanging match, but it always seems that you fire out some pretty sharp, and rude comments.