Affinity Photo - professional photo editing with 50% off!

Can anyone recommend a wedding photographer please ? :)

Term 13 86 9 England
25 May 2015 8:25PM
Evening all !

Looking at a possible wedding photographer for next year and hoped you guys could recommend someone ? (even if its yourself Smile )

Not looking for anything too quirky, but then again, not looking for anything too bland either,

thoughts/comments welcome,

thanks guys

Ben

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

franken Plus
17 5.0k 4 United Kingdom
25 May 2015 8:33PM
You may need to give an indication of when and where?

Ken

Overread 11 4.1k 19 England
25 May 2015 9:18PM
Price would help too - there are low and high ends of the market so some idea of where about you're thinking would help
tomcat 14 6.4k 15 United Kingdom
25 May 2015 9:27PM
Not aimed directly at the OP, but why won't members at least disclose the county they live in

To many questions on the forums, which require some sort of location to offer a positive resonse
peterjones 17 4.9k 1 United Kingdom
26 May 2015 6:59AM
I would strongly suggest that the OP should indicate the area in which the wedding is and also the proposed date.

Peter.
LenShepherd 11 4.0k United Kingdom
26 May 2015 8:16AM
One place to start is yellow pages.
Usually the bride has considerable input into the choice of photographer.
Unless one of us has recently got married or has a close friend/family member who has recently got married we have little first hand experience of how well local wedding photographers perform.
It can be important with "Saturday peak period" weddings to find out whether the photography will be carried out by the person you have in mind.
philhomer Plus
9 85 32 England
26 May 2015 3:54PM
philhomer Plus
9 85 32 England
26 May 2015 3:58PM
LenShepherd has hit a very important point here -

I used to sub-contract to a firm for wedding video, after some time I was far better than their less-experienced, toy-gear, operatives.

However, the couple would see my sample work at the company and have no idea who might cover the wedding. The company would take the booking and then see if anyone was available!

My far-better-half occasionally subs photograpahy for a firm and they do exactly the same!
ade_mcfade 15 15.2k 216 England
26 May 2015 5:11PM
old EPZer Mark Tierney constantly impresses me with his wedding work

User_Removed 4 1.0k United Kingdom
26 May 2015 6:27PM
+1

where
when
what
how much
even the flippin' country would help Smile
Overread 11 4.1k 19 England
26 May 2015 8:21PM
pssst JR top left of every post, go along the icons to the one on the right side and its the flag of the country of the member - least so long as they enter those details in correct in their profile ^^
User_Removed 4 1.0k United Kingdom
26 May 2015 9:26PM

Quote:pssst JR top left of every post, go along the icons to the one on the right side and its the flag of the country of the member - least so long as they enter those details in correct in their profile ^^

NOT to be assumed, many people get married abroad
ade_mcfade 15 15.2k 216 England
26 May 2015 9:39PM
He asked for recommendations - about 20 posts later, 2 names have been mentioned

is the EPZ way to now "always question the question" rather than attempt to answer it?

LenShepherd 11 4.0k United Kingdom
26 May 2015 10:26PM

Quote:
is the EPZ way to now "always question the question" rather than attempt to answer it?

No Grin
We are trying to answer the question the OP perhaps should have asked.
Many of us can put forward a few names but without knowing where (North Yorks contacts are unlikely to go to Cornwall for 1,000), when (top photographers are often fully booked a year in advance), the expected photographic style, and the price range (perhaps from 1,000 to 5,000), the names may be of no use to the OP.

Paul_Anthony 7 442 4 Wales
27 May 2015 10:20AM
We have booked Paul Adams to photograph our wedding next year link .

Aga Tomaszek is also very good and was a contender link .

And then there is myself, I no longer work for this company as I have gone back into full time education to train as a Medical Photographer, but I do still take on a handful of wedding commissions a year, for the right price... link . All of the images on this website were taken by myself as I was the companies principle wedding photographer.

Paul

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.