Want to sell your photos? Get Started!

Can anyone recommend a wedding photographer please ? :)

ade_mcfade 15 15.2k 216 England
27 May 2015 11:30AM
I'd suggest its best to share names, then let the guy (OP asking the questions) make his own mind up whether he wants to contact the photographer - then once contact has been made, they can decide whether to proceed.

You may have just ruled out a lucrative job for someone by pre-qualifying your answers in this way

If someone was looking for a commercial property photographer in Rio and had the right budget, I'd be over there in a shot - but using the logic of this thread I'd not be in the fray

Let the client and photographer decide wether they are a fit - you're helping both parties by suggesting names.

Questioning the question hinders both

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

philhomer 9 81 32 England
27 May 2015 12:45PM
Just took a look at the above... web page gives USB only prices for 1,200 and then albums from 400...
With 20 years experience and having employed a team of togs in the past, trust me you cannot get a proper quality album for 400 retail, in fact 400 trade is a challenge.
27 May 2015 1:09PM
which is the "the above" ?
Paul_Anthony 7 442 4 Wales
27 May 2015 1:38PM

Quote:Just took a look at the above... web page gives USB only prices for 1,200 and then albums from 400...
With 20 years experience and having employed a team of togs in the past, trust me you cannot get a proper quality album for 400 retail, in fact 400 trade is a challenge.

Absolute nonsense...

A 16x12inch, 20 page Loxley Album with an image cover will cost less than 300. Many photographers openly state that they make very little money from album sales, it's a service.

The clue is in the 'from 400'.

Additionally, the wedding photographer you recommended, offered a very similar service to the one you mocked above.
27 May 2015 1:45PM
don't we all say "from" on our websites... get them interested, then add the extras to upsell...

last time I was in COSTA, they asked if I wanted an extra shot and a cake....

same thing really.

I sell websites with 5 pages... if people want 6, the pay more
Term 13 86 9 England
27 May 2015 5:07PM
Hi Guys,

I had kept it fairly vague admitedly, but this was intentional, as I wanted to look at the work of the individual recommendations, and build an opinion of their work before taking it further,

Having said that..... Smile

Wedding is July 2016,
No idea of price, want to build a better understanding of what represents good value, or do you always simply "get what you pay for". Plus in business I rarely say what I have to spend
Wedding is South Yorkshire, near Doncaster to be precise,

thanks

Ben

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.