ePz Exclusive: Save 10% On Eversure Camera Insurance

Can't get video files from card

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : duplicate

Dabber 17 235 England
2 Jan 2012 4:55PM
I am using a Panasonsic TZ10 which has a Kingston16gig SD card and take a mixture of photographs and video.

When I explore the card, the folders that contain the images come up as 104_ Pana and 105_Pana

The 104 has about a 1gigs worth of photos whereas the 105 has about 9.5gigs worth of a mixture of photos and videos, however there are no videos showing after Christmas Day although when I play back through the camera all of the videos are there and play fine.

I have linked the camera to my PC to via the supplied leads (normally I just use a reader) hoping that the 'missing' videos will show up on the PC, however they don't!

Has anyone any advice, as I'd really like the ones of our Grandaughter over Christmas.

Thanks in advance

John

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

videoman Plus
15 58 1 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2012 8:32PM
Hi John,
There are lots of reasons why some files may not show up but as I'm not a Panasonic or PC file expert I won't comment.
What is clear is that the camera can still read the files (even if your PC can't).
So, you need to either copy the files from your camera to your PC using the software which should have been provided for editing.
Sometimes this software will convert the files to mpeg or avi which is more standard, though mpeg4 is also possible.
Or, use a program such as Corel Video Studio (or similar) to input your videos to your PC for editing.
As I don't know your camera model, you will have to read the manual and using either usb or other connection, download the stuff to your PC.
If you have any video editing program loaded and you connect your camera via the supplied lead, the program should recognise your camera model and the type of files. You then click "capture" and they will be transferred to your hard drive and will also appear in the timeline of your editor.
HTH.
strawman 15 22.1k 16 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2012 8:41PM
If you put the card into a card reader can you see the video files.

Or if connecting your camera to the computer open windows explorer and your camera should be mapped as a drive open that and use windows explorer to get the files off. One other thing you may have to do is verify that your regions in your computer and the camera are set to the same. The american video standard may give problems,. Not got a TZ10 so not certain but I would check.
User_Removed 15 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2012 9:11PM
Strawman, this a dupe thread, the question's had more answers in the Panasonic forum. I might ask mods to combine