WEX Deal: Save £500 on the Sony A7R Mark II

Can we all be smartphone videographers with the right training?

JackAllTog Plus
11 6.1k 58 United Kingdom
29 May 2020 1:48PM
Evanescence shot their new music video with each band member using their iPhones while currently in isolation- Wasted On You (Official Music Video).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bvQHrMnxUw

We have the tools, we just need to use them well.

p.s. there is no video forum category i saw, should there be?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

29 May 2020 3:52PM
For me, the answer to your question is no as I think it actually uses some very different skills. I think it is the difference between dancing and Ballet. But that is just me and others may feel differently.
ChrisV Plus
13 2.3k 26 United Kingdom
29 May 2020 3:57PM
Thereís a bit more art to that than casual iPhone use. It looks like thereís additional light at play at least and I think itís been storyboardsd - so all the shots and angles are set up for them. Impressive nevertheless.

Someone else I guess will have edited it all together.
saltireblue Plus
10 10.8k 62 Norway
29 May 2020 4:02PM

Quote:We have the tools, we just need to use them well.

Like all new activities, you need to learn how to do it...like stills photography, or driving a vehicle or doing woodwork...and as with all things, some people will master the techniques and the skills required while others will make a dig's dinner of it.
Owning a camera that has video facility, even if you are a competent stills photographer, still means you have to learn and acquire new skills...
dark_lord Plus
16 2.6k 679 England
30 May 2020 9:15PM
The same amswer to the question 'can we all be photographers with a smartphone?'.

Many members on here should be able to relate to that.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.