Turn Your Old Camera Into Cash With An Instant Quote From MPB

Can we all be smartphone videographers with the right training?

JackAllTog Plus
11 6.1k 58 United Kingdom
29 May 2020 1:48PM
Evanescence shot their new music video with each band member using their iPhones while currently in isolation- Wasted On You (Official Music Video).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bvQHrMnxUw

We have the tools, we just need to use them well.

p.s. there is no video forum category i saw, should there be?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

29 May 2020 3:52PM
For me, the answer to your question is no as I think it actually uses some very different skills. I think it is the difference between dancing and Ballet. But that is just me and others may feel differently.
ChrisV Plus
13 2.3k 26 United Kingdom
29 May 2020 3:57PM
Thereís a bit more art to that than casual iPhone use. It looks like thereís additional light at play at least and I think itís been storyboardsd - so all the shots and angles are set up for them. Impressive nevertheless.

Someone else I guess will have edited it all together.
saltireblue Plus
10 10.8k 62 Norway
29 May 2020 4:02PM

Quote:We have the tools, we just need to use them well.

Like all new activities, you need to learn how to do it...like stills photography, or driving a vehicle or doing woodwork...and as with all things, some people will master the techniques and the skills required while others will make a dig's dinner of it.
Owning a camera that has video facility, even if you are a competent stills photographer, still means you have to learn and acquire new skills...
dark_lord Plus
16 2.6k 679 England
30 May 2020 9:15PM
The same amswer to the question 'can we all be photographers with a smartphone?'.

Many members on here should be able to relate to that.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.