Save & earn with MPB; trade-in and buy pre-loved

Can you recommend any Photoshop teaching books?

Toymaker 19 587 1
25 Jun 2004 1:42PM
For on-line tutorials, I've looked at THIS web site a few times for help.
Robert51 13 7 127 United Kingdom
13 Apr 2016 8:56AM
Hi murasame

I was much the same as you, then I came across a website for davrodigital. David taught me so much over the years it allowed me to take my photography so much further. He covers a range of software like photoshop, elements etc, but most is photoshop. If you want to check outhis videos search youtube for DAVRO06.
I found his manner and way with words very easy to follow.

Good luck and happy learning...

Robert
gaelldew 15 377 United Kingdom
13 Apr 2016 12:01PM
I have Martin Evenings book and he keeps up to date with updates on another website, but as Roger says Davro is excellent.
Chris_L 8 5.5k United Kingdom
15 Apr 2016 11:44PM
It might take twelve years OP, but in the end you got some good answers Smile Tongue Wink
Robert51 13 7 127 United Kingdom
16 Apr 2016 8:11AM
I think it takes about that long before you think your getting the hang of it Chris...
Dabber 20 255 England
7 May 2016 7:48PM
I have been learning Photoshop for donkeys years, I have had magazines, books, DVDs etc. But I have to say that Iwhen I need to 'master' a paricular technique I search Youtube, start looking at a few tutorials until I drop on one that I can relate to, then I try to emulate what I've seen on some of my own images. I then practice until it comes quite natural to me.
Doing it this way it doesn't cost me any money, all of the books, mags etc. cost a small fortune!

Dabber
StrayCat 18 19.1k 3 Canada
7 May 2016 8:56PM
Agree with Dabber, after spending a thousand dollars or more on books and courses, Youtube contains far more in-depth and understandable tutorials. I would suggest the BHPhoto sponsered series of tutorials, there are maybe 200 of them. And for any specific needs, just do a search, it's all there. I found that watching a LR Tutorial on workflow really helped me, they explain everything as you go along through the video. You might start here. As you can see almost everything is covered, including photography tutorials.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.